Chapter 21 | A Comfortable Date

Julian POV

Jaskier watched as Geralt walked ahead, going into the elevator. He turned his own gaze to the female guard who stood, well, guard. It was her job after all. "It's all pre paid. Get the others up, have a dinner yourselves. You deserve it." he said and she looked to him, surprise on her features before a grateful smile and a nod.

He followed Geralt into the elevator, blinking the fucking tears away. He stood where he was next to the man for a moment, just as the elevator doors closed together to meet in the centre and for half a moment to go by. Then he jumped into the mans arms, probably surprising him and he only hoped Geralt didn't drop the flower but things were what they were so. If he did, he'd pick it up for the man after he was done canoofling him with affection.

Jaskier slid his arms around Geralts neck and hugged him tightly into bimself

Christ, this man was so beautiful. He had written him a.. Well, a something but it was in the same format as a poem so he guessed that's what it was. He smiled softly to Geralt as he nuzzled into the mans neck, arms and hold loosening loose enough for him to shorten himself to being flat footed again instead of on his front foot once again.

Jaksier allowed that moment, mainly for the two of them, before he nodded to the man and pulled back, his left hand staying semi wrapped around Geralt so instead it sat at the front, touching his collar bine lightly.

"Chinese?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. "black bean and hmm, that one we had when we first met. Well, they both were. And speaking of food, my soup is amazing thank you." he said with a small playful hmph. Before ehe grinned at Geralt.

Geralt POV

Geralt frowned ever so slightly in surprise at the frankly quite generous offer Jaskier made, but he was glad that the man had made it. The guards and other staff did deserve it. He smoothed his features out by the time Jaskier was entering the elevator. The doors slid closed. Geralt was about to speak, to apologise, to ask something, to-

Then he was interrupted by a body leaping at him. Geralt caught Jaskier easily, flower not slipping from his grasp. It was odd, how Corps training came into play in utterly unrelated moments. Without that training, the flower Jaskier had given him would no doubt have slipped from his fingers and have fallen to the floor.

He wrapped his arms around Jaskier's lower back, holding on tighter than what would be considered friendly. "On the back," he whispered roughly into Jaskier's ear. "There's a note. Take the thing to London if you can. Don't forget." The note read:

'Someone out there wants you.

Don't fucking give in.'

He loosened his hold when Jaskier did, arms still staying around the man. Geralt snorted, a tiny smile decorating his own lips. "I didn't want to say it at the time, but it was the wrong combination of flavours. It was fine, through."

He stroked Jaskier's back for a moment. "Walnut, I believe," he answered. "Chinese works for me.

He wanted to keep the man in his arms there forever, but they had already reached the second floor. Geralt gently detached himself and straightened out his clothing. Then the elevator chimed airily, and the doors slid open to reveal the first floor. He didn't reach for Jaskier's hand this time. It was fine. They were leaving. That would bring some stares regardless, considering they had only just arriving. Geralt was beyond caring.

Julian POV

Jaskier smiled a little bit to Geralt as he held onto his tightly for the moment. He eheld up the bit of paper while hugging the man and looked to it before ldippint it over and gave a light hearted chuckle. "Yes sir." he said with a light chuckle.