Chapter 5

*BEGINNING OF THIS CHAPTER HIS NOT BEEN POSTED*

"Yeah like that, then you spin." I took his hand and spun him.

"Okay, so like this?" I wasn't expecting the sudden dip he added at the end of the spin. My hand slipped from his shoulder and rested just below his collarbone when he pulled me back up. All I could feel was his heartbeat underneath my fingertips and all I could see were his eyes. They had something about them this time; something different. Something I had never seen before.

I blinked twice. "Yeah, like that." I hadn't realized my mouth was slightly agape.

He looked almost puzzled. "Sorry, did I do something?" I realized I still had my hand placed on his chest. He didn't seem to notice until I pulled away from him.

I chuckled, looking away, "Yeah, you added an extra move."

I looked back to see him, genuine concern across his face, "You okay?"

"What do you mean?"

"You look flustered."

"I do?" I brushed the invisible hair from my face. "I'm not flustered."

"Oh." He sighed, "Maybe slow dancing isn't the best option to pass the time."

"Maybe, we should probably go in for the night anyways."

Roan nodded, "I'll be upstairs if you need me."

"Yeah, I'll be up there sometime tonight." I heard him slowly walk up the steps. I spent a few minutes alone downstairs. I looked towards the window, seeing my reflection in the glass. A feeling deep inside felt differently than how it did before. It wasn't an emotion that was unwelcome, but it wasn't one I was used to.