Left alone.

©Copyright of Asia Rowe.
Tonight
We are young
So let's set the world on fire
'We are young' by F.U.N was blaring through my alarm clock. I looked at my alarm clock it read 7:15. I groaned when I remembered what today was.

Today was the first day of prison for moody hormonal teenagers. School. I pulled my duvet back over my head . If you thought I was going today; you were sadly mistaken.
I heard footsteps coming closer to my door. Knowing it could only be three people: my bitch of a mother, Paul, her boyfriend, and Bob my imaginary boy friend, I quickly shot up and locked my door.
"Skailar sweetie get up. Breakfast will be ready in a bit. I surely hope you didn't forget today is your first day of school!"
"Ughhh mum go away!
I don't wanna go!"

"Well I don't want to do a lot of things, but I have to so get your ass up and get ready for school. Now!"
"No mother leave now." I mocked the way she said now.
"Skailar Jimenez get your ass up before I do." Skailar Jimenez. I always liked it when she said my full name. She almost sounds like she cares when she says it.
After whining, I got out of bed and slowly made my way to the shower. After a relaxing shower I put my robe on and made my way downstairs into the kitchen . Surprisingly Paul wasn't there like he always is . Thank the lord. Walking into a kitchen where there isn't breakfast cooking and my mother with a too good to be true smile on her face was never a good sign.
"Why are you so happy?" The bitchiness in my tone was visible.

"Well if you must know. My boss just called me and told me that I made the Marcardo case!"
"And I care because?" I opened the refrigerator. Like always it was empty. For a mother with so much money, she sure didn't like buying anything.
"Because if I take this case, which I already did, I get to leave the country for 5-6 months and the best part is; I get to bring someone with me while I work!" She said this all a little too happy .
"Paul and I were talking and-" she paused . I honestly couldn't care less. My mother would never bring me anywhere with her. She's too afraid I'll ruin her picture perfect reputation that she worked oh so hard to build.
"We were talking and we both agreed that he would be the one to come with me, knowing you would say no and all."
"Umm okay..."
"Great! Now that you know, Linda will be here to check up on you. And we deposited 4,000 pounds onto your credit card! I gotta go Paul is kinda waiting for me ."
what?......
"Wait what? Mum when exactly are you leaving?"
"Today Hun, didn't I make that clear?"
She couldn't possibly be serious. Leaving this soon. Before we could really talk this over. I should've saw this coming. This is exactly how my mother is. Not caring about anyone but herself.
"Hello Skailar? I don't have time for this I have to go. And you have to go to school so goodbye . Ill call you later. I watched my mother walkout of the house. Not even an 'I love you' or a ' be safe'. Typical mum.
I walked to the toaster and popped in two pieces of sliced bread. I quickly ate my toast and looked over at the digital clock on my microwave. It read 7:55. Shit. I was gonna be late on my first day.

As I walked into my room I noticed the picture on my desk that had me and my dad before he walked out of my life. I examined his features.

Dark brown curly hair and his bright blue eyes. Now I understood my mother's resentment towards me. I resembled the man that walked out on her.
I shook my head to try and rid the thoughts of him out of my memory.
I walked over to my drawer and picked out a pair of blue high waist jean shorts and a dark blue t-shirt that had the batman logo on it. I slipped on some black converses.
I snuck a glance at myself in the mirror. My long brown curly hair was no longer wet. My blue eyes were brighter than ever for some reason. I was actually happy will my appearance. I resembled my father. I had his dark chocolate curls, his blue eyes and his deep dimples.
My father was Puerto Rican. That explains my curly hair. My mother is British and since I live with her, we live in London.
Cliché right?

I looked away from the mirror and my eyes caught a familiar picture of when I was younger. When my dad was still here. When I was happy.
I glanced back at the mirror and faked a smile. My white teeth were hidden under my soft pink lips. My cheeks held deep dimples just liked my dad's. I looked at the photo and frowned. I missed my dad. But the feeling wasn't mutual.
I looked away from the picture. I gathered my car keys from my desk and my phone. I put on my cheetah print Obey snapback. I picked up my school bag before leaving my house. Now I was ready to go.