Meeting up (1)

-Clay POV-

I turn to my monitor after I hear the discord notification sound go off. I get up from sitting on my bed and check the notification, It's from George. It reads 'Hey Dream! I'm about to stream on Hypixel if you'd like to join!' I smile and start a voice call, after a few seconds I am greeted with "Eyyyy, what's up Dream?" "Oh nothing much, I just finished eating breakfast so that's cool." I gave one of my little chuckles. "Nice, I should probably go eat soon, but first I'm gonna stream, so you wanna stream with me or nah?" "Might as well," I start saying while opening up Minecraft. "How's life going for you?" "It's going fine I guess, it's been a boring week so far but Nick texted me last night saying we needed to talk so I'm waiting till he responds again." He says. "He also texted me that, you think he's okay?" I responded truthfully, he texted me the night before telling me he had a big question, but then never responded after I asked what it was. George makes an 'I don't know' sound and we started streaming. My day hadn't been to great, I woke up early because Patches, my cat, wouldn't leave me alone. and I had to make a grocery run because I ran out of real food and cat food. But during the stream my problems seemed to melt off my shoulders and before I knew it, I felt like my normal positive self again.

-George POV-

I had just ended the stream with Clay and we stayed seated and spoke for a while. We talked about normal things, family, friends, work, we ended up staying on a call for an hour and a half just talking. Clay always knew how to make the world seem calmer. I felt a rush of happiness and warmth throughout the call, but then I got a discord notification. Dream got one too as he said "Hey Nick just messaged the group chat." I opened it up and read it silently to myself. 'Hey guys, I know this is a wild idea but we haven't had a meet-up in a few months' our last meet-up was around may, it was November. I continued to read. 'I was wondering if anyone was willing to have another meet-up one of these days. Maybe the whole group could come this time!' The meet-up before Clay couldn't make it, he got really sick and ended up in the emergency room. That was gonna be the first time I met Clay in real life but I was heartbroken when he couldn't make it. This time, if he doesn't go, neither will I.

"Wow that's so cool!" I hear Clay say through my headset, "George I'm definitely going, we could all hang out before Christmas!" He says enthusiastically. "Yeah," I start off "I'm only going if you go though, last time it was really depressing!" I exaggerate and chuckle.

-Clay POV-

I get a warm feeling when he says that, he really cares. I chuckle to myself and type in the discord 'That's a great idea, me and George are down for it! Got a plan?' "Man this is exciting," he begins. "I wonder where we're gonna hangout at. And also when!" I get another notification, Nick responded. 'I have a slight idea of everything but we should probably call and discuss it. Daryll and Zak also said that they would be coming so that means everyone is down!' "So where do-" I get cut off by Nick trying to call off discord. I answer and me, George, and Nick begin discussing details. "Hey Nick!" I hear George say. "Hey guys, y'all doing okay?" "Hell yeah" I respond "We're all going to see each other, what did you think I'd be mad?" I chuckle again.

-Third person POV-

"So what are you thinking about for the trip, Daryll says he doesn't care as long as it's in the wilderness and Zak just wants it to be snowy." Nick announces. "Hmm, I'm fine with all that, I just wanna do it a few weeks before Christmas so I can get home in time." Clay chips in.

"Yeah I don't really care about any of it, just don't get sick this time Clay!" George shouts jokingly, the three talk for a few minutes until they finally decide on a cabin up in Michigan. Clay checks the time and sees it has been around 4 hours since he got on the call with George originally. "Alright guys I'm going to head out, see y'all." Nick disconnects. "Hey George?" "Hm?" He responds. "Maybe you should go and get something to eat now," Clay chuckles a little. "See ya, bye!" And he logs of the call.

-George POV-

Since he mentioned it, I am hungry... I disconnect from the now empty call and reach for my phone. It was around lunchtime, a little past but eh. I get up and hop in my car, I'm too lazy to start cooking something. I turn on some music and hit the road. I could not wait to finally see Clay.

(Okay he has seen Clay's face but not him in real life, don't think he has kept his face hidden from George. Also I would like to add that this is in a completely different universe where Covid doesn't exist or anything and also the characters lives may be a bit different. You'll see what I mean in a few chapters. Anyways, Stay comfy! :D)

924 words. (I'll add more next chapter)