Cheers! (9)

TW: Mentions of drinking and smoking, not any smoking it just mentions it but there will be slight drinking.

-George POV-

How had I been so blind all night, to not even notice everything that had been going on all night. I so blindly had been making moves and getting close. What the hell is the matter with me? After Astrid left I felt as if Clay was the only thing that mattered and I gave him all my attention, I embarrassed myself so much by getting close. What if he doesn't wanna hang out with me anymore? What if he thinks I'm weird? I almost outed myself god damn it.

I inch away from him on the bench. I can't care about my feelings over his. I don't wanna make him unhappy in anyway.

As I get distracted in scolding myself I feel eyes staring at me. I look up and Clay to make eye contact with me. His emeralds green eyes staring at me with the flashing colors shining off. In the seconds we made eye contact I studied him. His nose, freckles speckled all across. His rosy cheeks with less freckles but still a handful. His mouth, which he was breathing out warm air that you could see in the cold. His hair sticking out of his black beanie, a dark dirty blondish, almost brown. And his-

"What..?" He chuckles at me.

"What do you mean? You were staring at me. What is there something wrong with me face?" I chuckle

"No... You just look so calm- You always look so tense, why?"

"Huh?" I chuckle and feel my face turn a shade of red I pray isn't visible.

"You look tense a lot, I thought it was normal but right now you look so calm, it's nice but why can't you always be like this? Is something wrong, do I need to beat someone up for you?" He jokes but is being serious with the big question.

Why am I always so tense?

I open my mouth to speak but am cut off by Nick, appearing out of literally nowhere.

"Guys..? There you are. I was looking everywhere for you. We should get home before it's late."

It was pitch black outside, the only thing preventing total blindness was the lights. His words seemed slurred and he seemed dizzy.

"Uh, Where are Daryll and Zak? Also are you-" Clay was cut off.

"Movies, they said they'd get a cab or somethin.." Nick finishes.

Me and Clay share a concerned look and get up. We walk to the car. I hadn't noticed till now but Nick had 3 bags with him, two of which seemed to be from random shops, one was a brown bag with a very distinct wrighting on the side.

'Masons liquor and cigars'

"Nick. Did you seriously buy alcohol while we are on vacation?" Clay sounded stern. Clay had mentioned he doesn't enjoy drinking, he has drank but he doesn't find it a healthy thing to do regularly.

"Yes, It's not like we're gonna waste the night away doing nothing! And besides, no one is gonna be home to yell at us for drinking so what's the problem, are you a baby~?" He joked with Clay and Clay seemed annoyed.

I honestly don't care, I'll probably have a drink or two but not much. I don't wanna embarrass myself.

"It's fine, Clay. Let him be, you don't have to drink if you don't want to."

He looked at me and his annoyed face died down.

"Okay..."