❥Shattered Hearts❥

Thanks so much for over 6.2K!!! Love yahhh!

❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥

Jacobs P.O.V.

"I love Shawn, but I think we just need a break..." Skylar says to me.

This is perfect, she needs a break, maybe I might have a chance with her.

"Oh." I simply state. "Maybe I'll go home to Canada for a while..." She says.

"No!" I shockingly say. "I mean.... You can stay here with me... I don't mind." I finish.

She thinks for a moment. "Jacob I can't ask you for that."

"Trust me I insist." I smile.

"Thank You." She thanks me, then she leans her head against my shoulder, and I lean over and flick off the dim light.

❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥
Skylars P.O.V.

"Okay I'll just pack a bag and I'll be out soon hopefully." I tell Jacob. "Okay." He says and flashes a sweet smile.

I get out of his car which is parked outside of Shawn and my house.

I walk up to the door and quickly the door flings open and Shawn is standing there.

I walk up to him and he quickly embraces me into a hug. Jacobs probably watching....

I pull away. "Skylar please don't ever do that again. I'm so sorry. Please." He begs.

He leans in to kiss me but I stop him. "Shawn we need to talk." I say and then I walk inside.

We sit at the kitchen table.

"Skylar I'm-" "Shawn, stop." I cut him off.

We pause for a moment.

"Shawn, I already had a bad boyfriend before.... I don't want another." I start.

"I promise I won't." He says quickly.

I look down and shake my head.

"Shawn, I love you, but, don't make promises you can't keep." I say, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

He looks awful, like he hasn't slept at all.

"Skylar I know I've made mistakes but...." He says.

A moment passes by.

"I still love you but..... I think... We need a break." I finally say.

He looks at me with tears in his eyes still, confused. "A-a break? Wh-what do you mean?" He stutters.

I sigh.

"Shawn maybe we just need a chance to.... See other people... Try something new..." I suggest.

He looks at me. Heartbroken.

"Skylar you're the only girl I could ever want." He says sweetly.

I look at him, with saddened eyes.

"You can't be sure of that.... Maybe you need time to... Find someone different... Someone better, someone you can.... Trust." I say quietly.

A tear falls from his eyes.

"Please Skylar... Don't do this." He begs.

I stand up from the chair and so does he.

"Shawn, I'm doing this because I- I love you. I will always love you.... But maybe, this could be a good thing... Find someone who- who suits your needs...." I explain.

"Find someone you can fully love Shawn, because you don't trust me."
I state.

He starts to cry, while tears fall from my eyes.

"Hopefully..... We can still be friends...." I say, now crying.

I walk out of the room, to go get a few things, I- I just left him there...

All alone.

But, he needs his space.

He needs time to figure out what he wants...

Who he wants...

He needs to.... Take a break.

❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥

Shawn begs me to stay, I walk back out to Jacobs car and he runs after me.

He runs up to Jacobs unrolled window and leans in.

"Skylar! Please don't do this! I can change! Please! Please don't do this to us!" He begs and pleads.

I try to keep in my tears.

"I'm sorry Shawn but... Maybe we can try again.... Someday." I say.

Then Jacob pulls out of the driveway, and I watch Shawn in the review mirror.

He falls to the ground on his knees crying.

I just can't handle this. I start to break into tears. Uncontrollable.

I can't live with myself knowing I did this to him... But I honestly love him and think this would be best for him.

I just.... Wish I said goodbye...

❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥
Whoa! Sorry for the really short chapter! It's so sad isn't it! What do you think will happen next?