Ch. 28

Nini's heart warmed when she received a text from Ricky saying he would be there in ten minutes and to dress casually. She was confused by that last part, but quickly changed into her favorite baby pink skirt and a white puffy sleeve blouse with white vans. She put half of her hair up, and let down the rest of the curled locks.

"What happened to the dress?" Kourt asked.

"Ricky texted and said to go casual." Nini responded, changing out her dangly earrings for faux diamond studs.

"So I guess Baleen's out." Kourt flopped on Nini's bed, "Now I'm curious."

"I'll tell you all about it when I get back." Nini promised, going over to hug her friend, "Thanks for watching Charlotte and Connor. You do it so often that I should pay you."

"No Nins, no payment except you finally being happy." Kourt said seriously, hugging back.

The doorbell rang.

"Your musician awaits." Kourtney said, letting go.

"Do I look ok?" Nini asked, suddenly self-conscious.

"You look amazing. Go, girl, go!"

Nini hurried out to the door.

"Hey Ricky." She said before her breath was taken away.

Ricky looked, well, delectable. He had on a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a casual black and white striped tee paired with some black chucks. He gave her a cocky grin.

"I know. I'm hot, right?"

That would have gotten him slapped before, but now it earned him a giggle and a kiss.

"Mmm." he murmured against her lips, "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes, let me just grab my purse."

Kourt shoved the small pocket book in her friend's hand.

"Go already!"

Nini laughed. Ricky led her out to his sports car, top down, and opened the door for her.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"It's a surprise." he closed the door and leaned in, "Kiss me and I might give you a clue."

She smiled at him.

"That's not a problem."

She meant to give him a quick kiss, but it turned into so much more. She felt her entire body heat up as his lips moved in synch with hers. Like a melody.

"Whoa." Ricky breathed when they pulled away for air, "That was just-wow."

Nini flushed under his heated gaze. He shook his head.

"Shall we go?" he asked.

Nini nodded, speechless.

Ricky went around to the other side of the car and jumped over the car door.

"Do I get a hint?" she asked, her tongue finally loose.

He grinned at her.

"I said I might."

She punched his arm.

"You are going to love it." he said, putting the car into gear, then set his arm around her, "I promise."

They soon arrived at the Gehry Hall. He helped her out of the car. Suddenly she couldn't see, he had blindfolded her.

"I'll guide you." He whispered from behind her, pressing a feather-light kiss to her neck.