Ch. 54

The wedding was four days away and Nini Salazar-Roberts was a nervous wreck. It's not that the plans weren't going well; it was going to be her dream wedding. It had a blue and white theme to go with her dress. The wedding cake was white with blue frosting flowers and was three tiers high with a beautiful hand-made ceramic bride and groom topper. They were having the ceremony in the Gehry Hall and the reception in Ricky's backyard; both were to be decorated in white and blue. Her moms are going to walk her down the aisle, Charlotte was the flower girl, and Connor was going to be the ring bearer. Ricky was going to wear a white tux along with Red, Mike and Connor. Charlotte, Kourtney and Brookelynn had blue dresses to go along with Nini's dress. The guest list was large, including Taylor Swift and a few other stars that were friends with Ricky and Ricky's side of the family. Nini's side of the family was much smaller, her aunt and cousins. Yep, her wedding was going to be amazing.

But she was still nervous. The last time she got married, it turned out to be disastrous. Not that she was comparing Ricky in any way to Ej. She just wanted her marriage to work out this time, so so badly.

A knock sounded on the door of the practice room where she was fretting.

"Come in!" she called.

"Hey sweetie." David said, holding a small box.

"Hey David." she said with a sigh.

He came and sat down beside her and put an arm around her.

"What's the matter?" he asked. "Tell this old man about your problems."

Nini laughed and shrugged her shoulders

"You're not that old, Dave."

"Tell that to my bones that crack every time I move." David teased.

Nini cracked up. She always teased him about that.

"Seriously, Nins," David said, "what's bothering you?"

"I'm just a little nervous about getting married again." she admitted, "And I feel guilty about being nervous. Ricky is not Ej."

"No, he isn't." Dave agreed, "But I don't think you should feel guilty about being nervous; you have a right to be I think."

Nini nodded, but not convinced.

"I really like Ricky. I like how he treats you. I like how he treats your kids. I respect him for saving them and you from that no-good Ej." David said confidently, "I think he'll be an amazing husband to you and father to Charlotte and Connor."

"You think?" she asked.

"Did I ever say anything like that about Ej?"

"No." Nini said, recalling a few choice words David had had when she told him that Ej had proposed.

"Besides, if Ricky hurts you, I'll kill him."

"Dave!" Nini exclaimed with a laugh.

"Look, I came in here to give you something." David said, picking up the box he had set beside himself on the bench, "I don't know if you have your 'something old' yet."

"I don't." Nini said.

David smiled and opened the box. In it lay a beautiful pearl necklace and matching earrings.

"Oh David." she gasped, running a finger lightly across the delicate beads, "It's perfect. Where-"

"They belonged to my mother. She wore them on her wedding day." David said nostalgically, "You don't have to wear them if you don't want too, I just-"

"Of course I do!" Nini said with excitement, "It'll match my dress and theme perfectly. Thank you so much! Your mom will be up there with me." She said, hugging him fiercely.

David let out a grunt with the force of her hug.

"Old man here, remember?" he said, "She would have loved knowing you."

Nini just laughed and stood, pausing to look at David before walking out.

"I'm gonna go put this in the car so I don't forget it here." she said, "I'll be right back."

With a squeal she rushed to her car. She put the box in the glove compartment and then locked the car. She turned and gasped, but a sharp blow had her falling to the ground. All she could think about as she slipped into darkness was-

Not frickin' again.
_______________________________
Only like 2 chapters left, loves.

Don't fret, though! I have a few things planned 😉