Hanaki [ Emily Dyer ]

[ I'm sorry, I.. should've confessed sooner.. ]

You coughed up blood feeling the petals flutter out onto the marble sink. You groaned coughing more — your throat filling with flowers. The door opened behind you but you payed no attention to it and continued coughing.

“How much longer are you gonna hide this from her, Y/N?” Your friend, Emma asked blaintly. You coughed wiping the leaking blood from your mouth. “You really think I'd be able to tell her? She doesn't love me back, Emma. There's no point in telling her now, it'll just hurt even more and I'll have to endure more pain then I do now. Telling her won't fix anything.”

She sighed, “You never know unless you try it!-” “Goddamnit Emma! It doesn't work like that! It doesn't just help it or fix it in an instant! For gods sake, is it really that hard to understand?!”

You sighed running your finger through your hair as Emma frowned, “I'm sorry, I was just trying to help." You remained silent and washed the blood and petals down the drain before leaving the frowning female alone. You stuck back on your gloves walking into the room seeing the familiar face of the doctor examining the patient.

“Ah, hello Y/N.” You gave a small but weak smile, “Hello, Emily.” She grasped a notepad in her hand before passing it over to you, “Patient's name is Lisa Riley, formerly known as Lisa Woods and Lisa Beck.”

“What are we performing on her..?”
You asked looking over at her, her breath hitched. “..Heart Surgery.”
Emily turned around feeling her hands shake, you watched with a frown on your face turning back to the notepad.

You looked over it once more before a familiar name caught your attention.

Family:

Spouses:

Leo Beck — Ex Husband

Freddy Riley — Current Husband

Children:

Emma Woods — Daughter

Your eyes went wide, you were performing heart surgery on your best friend's mother. If you were to screw this up.. You sighed only to start coughing, Emily looked at you with a worried look. You felt the blood splutter out of your mouth and onto the floor, your hands wrapped around your throat trying to stop it leaving a worried and confused Emily.

“Y/N? Y/N?! Y/N are you alright?!” She rushed to your side propping you up against the wall — rushing to get a bucket.

She eventually returned with a light blue bucket placing it under your chin as you coughed out flower petals and blood into the bucket. Emily frowned at your current state as she examined your face, your face was a pale white, your eyes had dark purple bags under them with soft scratches.
She bit her lip as you coughed out more blood into the bucket.

“Y/N, you really need to get this sorted out..” She said looking into your eyes with her own gleaming like she was about to cry. You nodded afraid to say anything incase it would endure more pain. She sighed moving the bucket away from you and grasping your hand.
“Are you sure you want to do this with me, Y/N..?” You nodded almost instantly making her slightly giggle, “Alright.”