6 | FLYING SOLO

Season 1, Episode 3

     JULIE WALKED INTO the studio moments later looking a little down. "Whats wrong Jules?" Quinn asked.

"Something happened between me and Flynn." She said, lying next to her sister and putting her legs on her lap. "She asked about the guys and I couldn't tell her.I said they were from Sweden!"

"If it makes you feel any better, I said the same to Lily." She trailed off. "Then again, she isn't mad at me."

"She knew I was lying." The younger Molina sighed. 

Luke looked between the girls. "Well, hopefully this will cheer you up, Julie. We have some pretty major news to tell you. We had a band meeting earlier and..." Reggie began a drum roll on his legs. "We wanna invite you guys to join Sunset Curve and no, you're not dreaming."

"Oh." Julie said after a moment.

"Oh. She said oh. Um...that's what you say when you get socks on your birthday, not when you're invited to join the most epic band ever."

Julie sat up. "Sorry. I'm honored, but I can't think about anything but Flynn right now. She hasn't even texted me back."

"Yeah, you're in a tough spot." Quinn mumbled, causing Julie to hit her arm.

"So, you wanna join the band?" Luke asked again.

Julie huffed. "Read the room, dude." She spoke before standing up to leave.

Quinn sighed. "Luke, we need to work on your social skills."

"Look, we need you and you need us, Julie, because you need music. We found this poem you wrote." Luke said, glancing at Quinn before pulling out some paper from his pocket. "And Reggie and I, we added this really cool melody to it. It sounds awesome."

"Where'd you find that?" Julie asked, stopping and turning around.

Luke looked up, shoving Reggie in front of him. "Definitely not in your dream box."

"You went through my stuff?" Julie asked angrily.

The girl began to chase Luke around the piano. "Yeah, we can do that now!" Reggie smiled.

"No! No you can't! Boundaries! Give it back!"

Luke stood on the piano stool. "No! Hey, you need to realize how insanely talented you and your sister are. Okay? Listen to this. If somebody hurts you..." Julie leaned forward to snatch the paper but Luke pulled it back. "If somebody hurts you, I'm gonna get hurt too. And my life, my life would be real low, zero. Flying solo."

"Oh-oh!" Reggie smiled, finishing the tune.

Quinn stood up. "It actually sounds good."

Julie sighed. "I wrote it about Flynn when she was helping me with all my mom stuff. I gotta go."

"Hey, what about the band?" Luke asked.

Julie looked back at him with a fake smile. "I almost forgot. Stay out of my room!"

"If I find out you've been in my room. I will kill you again and it will be painful." Quinn said, heading into the house.

The teen went up to her room and decided to record the song she had written on the beach, in the middle of recording the music part, Luke came in, he froze when he saw what the girl was doing and waited until she had finished.

"Hey, Luke. What's up?" Quinn asked.

"I just wanted to see what you were doing."

"Next time, knock. I don't want you walking in on me changing."