Chapter 17: Dark Secrets

(Dimitry's view)

That evening as we sat in the Slytherin common room I noticed something odd shimmering near the windowsill. "Hey, Regulus?" I asked, making him look up from his book.

"Yes, what's the matter?" he asked, as he set his book down and I pointed to the growing glimmer near the windowsill.

"What is that?" he asked, as we both moved closer to the window.

"I have no Idea," I replied as I reached a hand out toward the glimmer.

"I've never seen anything like this before." Regulus said, as he came to stand next to me.

"That's very odd, it makes me wonder what it is." I said, as we watched the glimmer grow before enveloping the room with a black and blue light.

"What the hell?" Regulus exclaimed, as the two of us held our hands over our faces to keep the light from blinding us.

"Oh wow, that is bright!" I exclaimed, as we hurriedly backed towards the door to our shared room.

"Revealio!" he cried, as he hit the glimmer with the spell which shown brighter before dimming slightly as words shimmered into view.

'Time will tell your fate in happiness or hell.' I read aloud, before sharing a confused look with Regulus as the words disappeared into sparkling rain.

"That was freaky." I said, as we exchanged a nervous glance.

"What do you think it meant?" he asked nervously, looking around and seeing nobody else present.

"I dunno, do you think we should ask Roxy?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Yes we should." he said, as he gave me a quick smile.

"Dimitry, I'm glad you're my best friend." he whispered, as he hugged me tightly.

"I am too, Reg, I am too." I replied as I rubbed his back.

"Thanks, D." he said, and the two of us cast a nervous glance over our shoulders before dashing into our shared room and slamming the door.

"Let's tell the others in the morning." I said, and he nodded before letting out a loud yawn.

"Good idea, I'm going to go to bed." he said, as he flopped onto his bed and was asleep the second his head hit the pillow.