Chapter 21: Shadows

(Regulus's view)

I held Lucy close to me as we appeared in front of a enormous white mansion atop the hill.

"Come on, we're almost there." Roxy said, as she lead us up the hill toward the mansion.

"Darling, are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked, pulling Luci closer to my chest as I nervously looked up at the mansion with a shudder at what might want to harm my little girl.

"I'm sure," she said, as she kissed me quickly before knocking on one of the massive silver iron doors which was opened immediately by a house-elf.

"Mistress Roxy!" the elf exclaimed with an excited smile as she opened the door wider to allow us inside.

"Hello, Kiyi." Roxy greeted the elf with a smile as she carefully took Luci from me.

"Lucy!" I exclaimed, taking her from Roxy and holding her against me.

"Tout va bien se passer ma chérie, papa est là." I crooned, as I kissed her small forehead.

"I would give her to you dear, but I don't know if I should because you are a death eater." I said to Roxy who sighed sadly as tears formed in her eyes.

"I can understand that, but may I please hold her?" she said, and I nodded before handing Luci to her.

"I'm really sorry you're hurting Reggie, please know this isn't the path I chose." she said, and I kissed her forehead.

"I know, but death eater or not, you're still my wife." I said, as I kissed her fiercely.

"I love you, Roxy Black." I told her, as I began to move my kisses down her neck to her shoulder.

A small sneeze caught me off guard and I looked down at Lucy who was smiling up at us.

"You little stinker." I said, as I tapped the tip of her nose with my finger causing her to start giggling. "Lucy," I said, as I smiled down at her lovingly.

"Go get some sleep my love." I said to Roxy as I gave her another quick kiss.

"I will, goodnight honey." she said, as she pecked me on the lips then kissed Lucy on the forehead before disappearing down the hall to our room.