Chapter 26: Memories

(Regulus's view)

After the funeral I sat down next to Sirius on the couch with my daughter in my arms and looked out at the beautiful starry sky, when suddenly Luci let out a loud yawn making Sirius chuckle as he kissed the top of her head.

"You getting sleepy honey?" he asked as he smiled at both of us.

"I think she is." I said, as I smiled down at her lovingly.

"Are you getting sleepy, my little star?" I asked, only to discover that she had fallen asleep.

I got up being careful not to wake her and placed her gently into her crib.

"Goodnight Luci, daddy loves you." I whispered, as I kissed the top of her head before quietly closing the door behind me and rejoining Sirius on the couch.

"She really is a cute baby." he said, as he smiled at me.

"You're right, and I think we'll be a great team in raising her together." I said, as I hugged him.

"It may take us a while to heal from Roxy's death, but we can do it." I said, and he nodded as we both continued to look out at the stars together.

"It's going to be alright." he said, as he rubbed my back comfortingly.

"She'll always be with us." he said, as he pointed to my heart.

"Yes, she will." I said, as I looked down at my hand only to realize that I still had my wedding ring on.

"Well, look at that, I still have my ring on." I said, holding up my hand and showing him with a sad smile.