Chapter 25: Saying goodbye

(Sirius's view)

I looked over at Regulus to see that he had started crying again and hugged him tightly in an attempt to calm him.

"It's alright, I miss her too." I said, as I rubbed his back comfortingly.

"I can't believe that she's dead, she was my wife and my best friend." he sobbed, as he buried his face into my shoulder.

"I know, but she'd want you to be strong." I said, as I let go of him and kissed the top of his head.

"You're right." he said, as he stopped crying and looked up at me with a broken smile.

"Let's go." he said, as he picked Luci up with one arm and grabbed my hand in the other.  "Thank you," he murmured, as we started walking toward the door together.

"I've got you." I said to Luci as I touched her little cheek.

She giggled, before pulling on a strand of my hair making me wince in pain before handing her to Regulus.

"She pulled my hair." I said, as I pouted slightly making him laugh.

"She's a baby, she can't speak y'know." he said, as he smiled down at Luci with love in his eyes.

"I know, but pulling my hair?" I asked, and he shook his head with a soft chuckle before turning to face the minister as he told about Roxy's life before asking Regulus to step forward and speak.

"As many of you know, Roxy was my best friend throughout my childhood and as time passed we became closer and it was when we were on a walk one snowy evening when I proposed to her." he said, before stopping abruptly as the tears poured down his face and he walked over to the coffin and touched it with a gloved hand.

"Goodbye, my darling wife." he whispered as he placed a blue rose on top before coming to stand next to me again.