◇ 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 ◇

◇◇◇

"W-What..." stuttered Inosuke as his eyes grew wide, he was in utter shock with what he had just seen. Nezuko, (Name), and Zenitsu ran towards him and looked beside the boxes, they definitely understood now why Inosuke looked as shocked as ever. As (Name) was about to squeal from fright, Nezuko immediately covered her mouth and all she let out were muffled screams.

What they saw were at least 4 people tied up with ropes and their mouths gagged with some sort of cloth and one of those people was the person they were looking for...

"Tanjiro?!" exclaimed Zenitsu as he rushed towards him and tried to untie the rope to set him free, but (Name) felt uneasy as she felt shivers go up her spine; it was like she was being watched or there was somebody behind her. 

This feeling made her turn around and she felt like her soul just left her body, she immediately turned pale as her eyes grew wide and Nezuko noticed this.

"It looks like you found him," a voice spoke, making the four of them look behind and there stood Obanai, glaring at them as he walked closer. 

A light suddenly illuminated something beside him for a second and they immediately knew he was holding a knife or any other sharp item.

Deeply wishing they could run, the four tried their best to move their legs and sprint out of the attic with Tanjiro, but they couldn't find the strength to move as they were frozen in fear. Their hearts raced as the beating gets louder, sweat coming out of their pores, and their hands shivering in fear.

It didn't really help that Tanjiro was unconscious and they had the need to carry him just to escape, they stood there, frozen in fear of what Obanai might do to them. "I'm giving you 3 seconds to run," said Obanai as he exposed the item that he was holding under the illuminating moonlight; a knife.

"3..." Obanai started the countdown as Inosuke and Zenitsu helped carry Tanjiro as (Name) and Nezuko ran out while holding the other hostages' hands. "2..." Hearing Obanai end his countdown so soon was enough for them to feel anxious, their hearts were beating so fast as they ran down the stairs.

What a relief, they have escape with the other hostages. They ran all the way back to (Name)'s room as quickly as possible and locked the door once they were in, they were breathing heavily as they proceeded to untie the other hostages. "Wait," said Zenitsu as he looked at each person in the room, "where's (Name)?"

~

"Got'cha~"

(Name) tried to scream for help, but Obanai's hand was covering her mouth whilst he was strangling her. The other two hostages that she was recently holding hands with had ran away for she told them to run and leave her behind. "How heroic of you," said Obanai, "letting those children run away and let yourself get caught." He let out another chuckle before throwing the young (Name) back in the attic, right where she found Tanjiro.

"Why are you doing this?!" (Name) thought it was finally the time to figure out the motive behind this kidnapping, she was glad Tanjiro was found, all she wanted now were answers. "Are you stupid?" retorted Obanai, "did you really think I'll tell you why? Ever since you came, I knew you would be a threat to our plans." (Name) stayed silent as she listened to Obanai talk.

"I'm sure the other residents gave you a warning, you should've listened to it and left. No matter what you do, your friend is not coming back." (Name) was already confused, what did he mean by this? Was it not Tanjiro whom she and the others saved? Obanai seemed to notice her confusion, "I mean what I said, he may have the same body as your friend, but he is no longer like you." (Name) stared at him in shock, "what... are you?" Obanai only stared at her, there was no way she'll get any information from him, he doesn't even seem to like her at all.

"You ask a lot of questions," was what (Name) heard last before her vision turned black.  

~*~

Too short, you say? Don't worry, I'll have the next chapter ready in a few hours! 

Socials~

Instagram - darlingbelphie_ (my profile pic is Albert from Moriarty the Patriot)

Tumblr - @precious-diasomnia

Stay tuned!