IX. Percy

After what happened, Percy had a feeling that the Fates have really replaced the yarn with barbed wires for him. Seriously his luck was worse than Heracles. Three major prophecies determining the fate of the universe happened in his lifetime.
After his talk with Annabeth about Ajax, he could see that this prophecy was issued for the son of Chaos himself. He was kind of recognising the pattern now.
When the second Titan war ended, Percy emerged as the hero. Same happened with Jason when he destroyed the Titan fortress. During the second Giant war, Percy shared the heroic glory with six other people.
It's not like he was angry or jealous about being one of the many but he was the least heroic person in that group. Because of his bloody nose, Gaia rose in the first place. And now he is not even in the group for whom the prophecy was issued. He was being demoted with every prophecy.
Percy had never wanted the limelight or to be a hero but he sure did want to contribute something while everyone else was busy saving the world. The nosebleed incident had been bugging him for a long time. And if Leo hadn't returned, he would've probably blamed himself for Leo's death. This time around, he didn't want to be the reason for another monster rising or a loved one dying.
And inspite of everything he had Annabeth; what more could he ask for. Oh yeah, and he forgot that he was living a nice and sweet mortal life which he knew will end one day. Sometimes he felt bad for the Olympians being immortal and everything.

All of this ran through his head as he entered his cabin. It was pretty easy for him to think about so many things at once because he was ADHD.
Inside he put down Riptide on the nightstand and walked to the back where stood the hot water fountain (rebuilt with the help of Tyson and Leo). Beside the fountain, propped against the wall was a gleaming celestial bronze trident, a gift from his dad Poseidon.
It was quite similar to Riptide in terms of concealment and returning to its owner's hand but it was just not as good as Riptide. Percy went to the opposite wall where hung a suit of armour in sea green colour with fish scale design and a trident drawn in the middle, also a gift from Poseidon, who claimed that it was forged by Hephaestus himself. Though Percy never used these fancy gifts because he loved Riptide and also because he didn't want to look like Aquaman.
Percy noticed that the light was dimmer than usual inside the cabin. Suddenly he heard someone speak from the water fountain.
'Son, quickly come here I don't have much time'. His dad was talking to him through the steam from the fountain.
Percy rushed to him and said, 'What happened Dad? What's going on behind you?'
'Erebus attacked us and it won't be long before him and his allies break through since I am already weak and the sea is resisting me in this battle', Poseidon said. 'Son, this might be the last time we are talking. We might not meet in a long time. I hope you have been practicing with the trident I gave you because someone might come looking for it and the trident will be the only thing that will save you.'
But before Percy could respond, a wall of darkness slammed into Poseidon and sent him sprawling on the floor. Someone else came into the Iris message and said, 'I see. So you are his favourite, Percy Jackson.'
Unfortunately, Percy recognised the guy in the message.
Erebus continued, 'I am in a problem here since a lot of people want to kill you but you've only got one teeny tiny head.'
Percy replied, 'This camp has faced a lot of enemies and we have killed them every single time. How many times do they want to die in a battle against us?'
'Pity cause I have someone here who might give you nightmares. Dear nephew, come here', Erebus said.
Another face popped in the message. Even though Percy didn't recognise the face but he recognised the voice at once. Indeed it was his nightmare impersonified.
'I am coming for you Perseus Jackson', he said in an ancient voice like knife grinding against stone and Percy knew that Kronos has returned.
The message disappeared and Percy slumped on the floor, too horrified to move. After a few minutes, he got up and ran towards the Big House.