X. Harlan

Ever since Ajax was brought to camp by Harlan, new problems were sprouting up. They were facing a new villain and the world might be on the brink of collapse again.
Harlan has already been in two wars. Only last year they had defeated Gaia. Of course, the peace after the war was sweet and last one year was amazing since both the Roman and the Greek worlds have been merged.
Also temple building was going on at Camp Half Blood; adult demigods have moved to New Rome to live, get settled or to get a college degree like Annabeth and Percy did. They got themselves enrolled in the college and naturally Annabeth had taken majority of subjects and was the top student in the college in every subject except one....marine biology, in which Percy aced all the exams.
The best thing was that the romans wore the bead necklace given by Camp Half Blood and the greeks were a part of the legion. And the best part were the parties, organised in both the camps on important days like the Roman feast Fortuna and such.

Harlan still remembered the day he got the job of a keeper, which really was only a few months ago.
Like any other starting day of an academic year, Harlan went to the Big House to see if he was selected for the keeper's job. But sadly he wasn't.
Still he hung around in hope of a miracle. After Chiron had assigned every satyr his region, Harlan asked Chiron the same question he always asked, 'By any chance is there any region left for me?'
'I am sorry young satyr- none. You can always try next year. You  are really good with your reed pipes, in fact the best I have seen in ages. You just need to work a bit on your combat and physical fitness exam and you'll get the job in no time', Chiron said with warmth and kindness in his voice.
'Yeah, next year', Harlan said a little dejected.
'Poor Harlan has been trying to get a keeper's job for three years now', he heard someone whisper.
That's when the miracle happened.
Annabeth came in with a stack of papers and said without looking at anyone, 'Chiron, the new demigods have arrived and already been claimed. One is a son of Janus and the other is the only son of Phobos in the camp.'
She looked at Chiron and continued, 'Oh and one more thing, another demigod popped up on the map.'
'Where?' Chiron asked, 'because I have already assigned all the satyrs.'
'I will do it', Harlan said excitedly. 'I will go anywhere.'
'But the demigod is in Greece. We  have never got a signal from so far away and it's a strong one.' Annabeth said, 'Besides no one in their right mind would go there alone.'
'Harlan', Chiron continued, 'you scored poorly in your combat test. I don't think you are ready to cross the Mare Nostrum alone. I don't want anyone getting hurt.'
'Please Chiron, I beg you. I will go there and I'll not let anything happen to that demigod, even if I have to put my life at stake.' Harlan pleaded.
'But I don't want you getting hurt either. You are not ready', Chiron said.
'Chiron, you know I am very good at nature magic. Maybe I don't know how to fight with a sword but I know how to use magic. I'll find that demigod, protect him and bring him back safely. And if I fail to find him, I will give up on the keeper's job and never pester you again', Harlan said in a determined voice.
After what seemed like ages, Chiron finally said, 'Young satyr, you don't need to give up on your dream of becoming a keeper whether you find that child or not. You are indeed very good with magic and brighter than satyrs your age and that's why I'll let you go there. But you must report your progress every week and one of the councillors will drop you there on a chariot. Is it okay?'
'Thank you so much Chiron', Harlan said excitedly and rushed out to go on his voyage to Greece, stumbled midway, got up and tap danced his way to the forest.
But little did he know that the demigod he was going to rescue was not a simple child of an Olympian instead he was the son of the Alpha godess, Chaos.
Even his ideal, Grover Underwood, lord of the wild, chosen one of Pan, hadn't had such good luck. Even he never found someone this ancient....if you don't count Pan.
Last year all the good things happened because I survived the war. I never expected to meet Ajax. I never fit in with the other kids; always the odd one out; always bullied but in Ajax I found a true friend. I would've cried my eyes out if I had to leave Ajax back at that school. Enough with the thoughts, he chided himself.
It was going to be dawn soon. He had to get back and maybe catch on some sleep.
He started towards the Big House but midway he saw the war council members going towards it as well.
War council in the morning! But why? Harlan thought. Looks like there is only one way to find out.