chapter 5

Sophia's POV

I was woken up out of my surprisingly peaceful sleep by Ashton and Luke gently shaking me awake. They looked surprisingly well-rested, even though I'm pretty sure they didn't sleep well.

"Good morning, how did you sleep?" Ashton smiled.

"Surprisingly well, I think," I replied.

"Ok, so Ashton and I have a question to ask you if that's alright with you," Luke stated.

"Yeah, that's alright"

I was a little nervous about their question. What if it's bad? What if they want to get rid of me this quickly? What if they don't want to help me? There were far too many negative thoughts and questions going around in my head. And Ashton must have noticed because he quickly reassured me that it was alright.

"So Luke and I were wondering if you maybe wanted to stay with us? It's ok if you don't feel comfortable, but you're obviously not going back. And we already spoke to the police and a social worker about it and they have approved it."

"I would love to stay with you." I smiled, surprising myself.

"Oh that's great" Luke breathed out seeming relieved.

"Ok, now that that is settled, our friends Michael and Calum are coming to check out your other injuries, and you can trust them. And you'll also be living with them."

I just nodded to show Ashton I was listening and I was ok with it. I am shocked myself that I am not freaked out at the prospect of having to trust more people, but Ashton and Luke have done more for me than anyone else ever has. And I guess their friends Calum and Michael had to. Soon there was a knock on the door and then entered two other people. Both who I assumed to be Calum and Michael. One had dark curly hair and the other had blonde hair that was styled.

"Hello sweetheart, I'm Calum," said the one with dark curly hair, "and that's Michael" he followed with, pointing to the one with blonde hair.

"Let's check these other issues out shall we?" Michael asked.

They started off looking at my ribs, which they confirmed were broken. But even I knew there wasn't much they could do about that. They then moved onto my ankle, which I had to get an x-ray for. Somehow we got through it pretty quickly and then we got back to the room that had been deemed as mine for the duration of my stay.

"So there's an even bigger problem we need to talk about," Calum said.

"Your weight is very low, and you are obviously malnourished so we can go about this two ways. And honestly, you're probably going to hate me for it. So the first option, which I'm sure we would all prefer is you eat snacks throughout the day, on top of your meals. Another option would be a feeding tube, but I don't want to do that as that's typically a last resort."

I honestly wouldn't hate him for making me eat. I know it's what he has to do in order for me to be healthy.

"Is there anything you're allergic to or you hate with a burning passion?" Ashton asked.

"I'm not allergic to anything and I'm not a picky eater" I responded.

"Ok that's great then" Calum smiled.

Michael then entered the room, looking slightly worried.

"We're going to have to do surgery on your ankle, lovebug" he smiled sadly.

"Oh, that's scary" I timidly responded.

"I know it is, but we're going to get you through this, you have nothing to worry about" he responded.

a/n: 

I'm so sorry for the major lack of updates. School has been really stressful and I have had a severe lack of motivation for just about everything. I'm going to try and update each of my books about once a week now, if possible. Thank you for reading :) 

~J