chapter 6

It was a few hours later, and they were about to prep me for my surgery on my ankle. I was so scared, I had never had surgery before and I have heard some terrifying stories about people's reactions to anesthesia.

"Hey hey, you're going to be alright, love. Don't even worry about it. There's no need to cry." Ashton said, making me aware that I was crying.

"I'm just so scared, what if something goes wrong?"

"Nothing will, you're in the best hands. Michael and Calum know exactly what they're doing, and it's a simple surgery, baby girl. You'll be just fine, I promise." Ashton reassured.

"But I've heard that some people have had crazy reactions towards the anesthesia and that scares me!" I cried.

"Hey hey, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, love. There's no need to get worked up, you'll make yourself sick and we don't want that, do we?" Ashton responded.

"No," I said in a small voice.

"Everything will be fine, I promise" he stressed.

He then laid beside me, hugging me to comfort me. I just kept crying though, I was so scared. But he was also very comforting. My emotions were confusing me.

The door then opened, revealing Michael. He entered saying "Oh no, why is our girl crying?"

"She's just a little nervous." Ashton smiled reassuringly.

"Hey, everything will be fine, love. I promise. It's a simple surgery, one of the easiest." Michael said.

"I'm scared about the anesthesia."

"Everything will be fine with that, you're just going to be taking a nap, I'm sure you could use one." Ashton said.

"Yeah I guess I could" I said with a yawn, causing both of them to let out a laugh.

"Ok then, I'm going to need to start prepping you, if that's alright with our girl?" Michael said, looking towards me.

"Yeah that's fine" I quietly responded.

I sat there as he put some type of medicine in my iv, it made me feel calm and woozy almost. I was content though.

"Alright, say bye to Ash" Michael said.

"Bye" I said, loopily.

"I'll see you after. Ok pretty girl?" Ash responded.

"Ok I'll miss you" I said.

"I'll miss you too," Ashton laughed.

"Alright, hate to break this very interesting conversation up, but it's time to go." Michael said with a smile, breaking up our moment.

Michael then started taking me towards the OR. I wasn't really scared anymore and I barely even remember getting to the OR. But the ride from my room felt like it took forever but also no time at all.

"Alright we're about ready to get started." Michael said, which evoked a look of confusion from me.

"You were really out of it," Michael smiled.

Next thing I know, there was a mask being put over my face and I was being told to count backwards from 10.