Chapter 2 -Y/n-

Without a moment to drown myself in inner turmoil, an explosion shakes the building, the very building I'm standing on starts to slowly lean on one side, blue flames surrounding my whole existence on the roof.

"Well look who we have here..." A smoky voice says, a voice I can recognize from a mile away. "That bird brain not with you?"

I don't reply.

"Well, I'll take that as a yes, I'm not here for him today anyways." If he's not here for Keigo, why's he here? "A certain rat's intel tells us your quirk is about to manifest, and a powerful one at that."

"Bullshit. I graduated school long ago, quirkless." I've always been quirkless, hence I didn't graduate from a prestigious school like UA.

"You're an early graduate, still 19? 20?" How does he have all this intel on a quirkless person like me? "Late bloomer, and it's just my luck that the bird brain fucked himself up today."

"What do you want from me."

"The LoV wants your quirk's power on their side. I'm here to recruit you." He steps closer to me, his flames making contact with the ground just a feet away from me. "I've heard about the blood that runs in your family, their quirk history, your genetics that makes you the next heir of the quirk."

"What fucking quirk are you even talking about?!" What genetics? What bloodline? I've been under the care of an orphanage ever since birth. I was abandoned at birth.

"Come with me, and I'll tell you everything you want to know." His scarred and stapled hand reaches out to me, I gulp, every fiber of my body saying no, in contrary to my logical brain already reasoning out the benefits.

'Keigo left you, the relationship is over.'

Stop.

'There's more pros than cons.'

Stop it.

'You only stayed neutral because of Keigo, but he's no longer your anchor.'

Shut up.

'He's stupid. He fell for the same trick, he fell for the commission's dirty tricks; twice.'

He'll come back.

'Sure he would, how long did it take him last time? Three, four months?'

That was because he was on a mission-

"Having a nice little chat with your quirk?"

"With my what?" My question barely lingers as Dabi explains.

"Your quirk is special, it can manifest its own thoughts, of course if it's only to your benefits. It's voice or will can only be heard and interpreted by you." His hand reaches a bit further out to me, "C'mon I don't have all day mousey. The only thing you may lose is your identity now that you've lost your little lover-boy."

"One condition. That's all I ask." I say, giving in.

"Let's hear it."

"I want to have freedom over myself, I chose what I follow through with. If I don't want to do something the LoV tells me to do, I want them to respect my decisions." He looked at me, thought for a moment, then smirked.

"It's a deal." Just as he said, an explosion followed by an outburst of screams, panic, chaos all drowned out by blue flames surrounding me; burning me.

"Wha-?!" I can hear the screams, and among them, I hear a familiar voice calling out my name. And I, call out for him, my last sliver of hopes to turn back, take back my decision, simply gone as a purple smog engulfs me into its depths.

Keigo...