Chapter 5 -Y/n-

It was grueling.

It is grueling.

All the hits I'd take, one after another. The sting of Dabi's flames left behind on my scorched skin, the tiresome self healing process, the experiments conducted by the one and only; Overhaul.

Everything sums up to a few 'rough' months. My two dual quirks were officially named 'Queens Rule' and 'Gemini' by Overhaul, 'powerful quirks', he'd say. But the more powerful my quirks are, the more vital are the drawbacks.

Dabi wasn't kidding when he said my quirk can manifest its own thoughts. The constant barrage of warnings and danger resulted in the development of tinnitus. Not only do I have a constant nagging voice in my head accompanied by a subtle ringing in my ears, when I suppress my 'other self', the ringing gets much worse.

'Incoming, 2 o'clock.'

I swiftly dodge a knife aimed directly at my left eye, scurrying back on to two feet, ready for combat.

"Nice reflexes!" Toga pops out of the dimly lit alleyway, spinning a knife in her right hand.

I say nothing, as usual.

"I'm starting to think you've actually gone mute!" She says, while circling me.

I don't speak simply because I refuse to hold a conversation with anyone not worthy of my time. "..."

"Okay, enough playing around! It's finally settled! Our war against the hideous commission."

Finally a topic that peaks my interest, something worthy of my time to talk about. "When?"

"Now you're talking!" Her lips curl up in her famous wide-smile. "Tomorrow!"

"Hm." I hum, walking away into the shadow of the night.

Something leads me to the rooftop of a building, a very arduous process of climbing stairs followed suit, but to be rewarded by a dazzling view of the milky way, a sea of stars was worth the pounding of my heart.

"Beautiful." I say, taking in the full view.

How long has it been, is a question answered by the now rising sun.

I should head back. If I'm back any later then this, I'd be screwed.

"Look who made it!" Shigaraki says, sarcastically. "Who the fuck told you to get here so late?"

Just as I expected, the man-child snaps.

"Calm down, it's time to go." Kurogiri defuses the situation just as fast as it started, opens his portal, and everyone makes their way.

"I do not wish to kill." I say, rather sternly.

"Whatever."

"I'm being very serious, Dabi."

"Yeah, yeah, you're gonna get your hands dirty just like the rest of us." He taunts.

"That is not what we had agreed upon. You're supposed to respect my wishes."

"Looks like your mem-"

"Enough. I won't hold up the portal forever."

"Tsk." Dabi gives in, kisses his teeth and heads off. I follow right behind.

'Warning; large amount of life detected.'

'Warning; rancid smell twelve feet away.'

'Danger; three individuals equipped with quirk enhancing equipment.'

Shut up.

It's only been a few seconds, yet the irritating buzz hurdles in my ears.