Author's thoughts.

i have a few things i'd like to say but first things first, thank you for reading <Arcade>.

i was originally going to write an epilogue, but there's a huge writer's block caused by personal matters, stress and overworking myself in the condition i'm in physically and mentally. so unfortunately the journey between Y/n and Hawks ends here, though the story had been dragged longer then i'd planned it to be as it was only a one-shot at the start.

the story was inspired by the song Arcade by Duncan Laurence, as you probably could've telled by the title and the first song i linked to the first chapter. (and the few references.) 

most of the stories i've written are inspired by music, 3 am thoughts as my muse is unpredictable. so i like to link songs to each chapter or scenes that play out in the chapter that is most fitting.

anyways, for a story written for a friend who loves angst and slow burn stories, (i'm a sucker for them too >;) ), so thank her for convincing me to post it on wattpad. 

that same friend also requested a Dabi x Reader angst story (obviously we're obsessed) from me. and it won't be out for a while, but i hope to release it soon, like a few weeks to a month. i've so far planned out many plots and thought of some tear jerking scenes that may need trigger warnings, but all in all here's what you can expect from the story.

想いあい(Omoiai-Feelings) -inspired by 想いあい -the she's gone                                                                (it's such a lovely song although there's no found english translation for the lyrics sadly.) roughly translating the meaning of both the title and the song, it means 'to love each other'. maybe i'll translate the song into english to better the experience(?)

anyways, i'm rambling on. it's set for Dabi x Reader; enemies to lovers with an element of childhood friends (nextdoor neighbor). it's quite heavy on the angst (i think.), maybe triggering to some people mentions of suicide, trauma, death of a loved one, etc.

but i also haven't decided on the type of ending so it may not be angst with a happy ending, but who knows? (;

it's also a slight au, Dabi isn't a villain and it starts off with the reader in high school, and his scars/staples are not mentioned but you're free to choose whether he's scarred or not. the commission also is not a part of keigo's life, so basically it's low on the childhood trauma, although enji is still the strict bit- person.

The end.

Ps: i made a playlist for omoiai (it's not completed i've just been adding random songs that played while i wrote the story into it, so i'll be adding and deleting songs off of it hence, it's not public.)

The actual end. For real this time.

Adios, amigos.