Chapter One: An Angel Saved Me.

I can’t believe this is happening. It all started out a normal day. Just a normal, boring day.

“Alex! Get up!” I hear a annoyed voice flow in my ears. “Mmm...!” I groan knowing it was my mother trying to wake me for school. “Alex!” Her soft hands grabbed my shoulders and roughly shook me. “Get up!” She then yanked my blankets off, and chills ran up my spine. “Ah!” I cross my arms rubbing them. “What the heck!” She placed a hand on her hip. Her coco brown hair fell past her shoulders, and her green eyes shined from the sun light coming through my window. Slowly turning light brown. She wore a long sleeved blouse, with black pants and blue slippers. “Be glad I didn’t pour a bucket of iced water over your head. Then you’d really be upset.”

I roll my eyes as she walked out my black painted room. “Hurry up, before your late again.” Sighing I grab my white towel that hung over my door, and headed to the bathroom.

After getting washed, I opened my closet door. Searching through my clothes, I finally decided on a black turtle neck, with ripped black jeans and Pin Buckle Strap Zipped Patent Leather Boots. Not the long kind. The lower leg length ones. Walking over to my mirror, I run my skull painted nails through my long wavy white dyed hair with red tips.

If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m Goth. My mother blames it on me having a unknown dad, and her long work hours. But I don’t think that’s the case. It’s just me. Well that’s just a weirdo’s opinion. That’s what the other kids would say. They think of me as a ghost. It’s like I’m not even there. I stand up straight, and grab my car keys then head down stairs. 

“About time, come on and eat breakfast.” I shook my head as I grabbed my black coat, a red snow hat, and fingerless black gloves. “No, I’ll get something on the way.” My mother let out a sigh, as her watch goes off. “Great, I have to go get ready for work. I’ll see you Alex.” “Bye.” Waving her goodbye I grab my car keys and head out the door. I approach my car that is, guess the color. Dark purple. Most people are surprised I got a purple car instead of black, like just about everything else I own. But I like the color of my car. It’s nice.

Unlocking the door I carefully walk into the street making sure I don’t slip on the icy road. It’s the beginning of winter and the weathers already crazy. We’ve already had about three snowstorms, and four snow days. Which I enjoyed indoors with hot coco, and laughing at the people stuck shoveling. I know, some people might find that mean, but who asked your opinion?                Plopping into my car I turn on the ignition, and put on the heat. After about waiting five minutes for the car to heat up, I back out of the parking space and drove off. 

By the time I stop at Dunkin donuts, got a small coffee with a old fashion donut and left. It was eight eleven, and I still had a five minute drive left. I was going to be late.                                                        As I said, I was late to class as usual, and as usual the teacher complained as I space out until he dismissed me. Sitting down in the back of class, I ignore the sneer remarks of my peers. I unzip my bag and pull out my notebook to begin doodling.

Nothing special, just little people robbing stores and what not. What? I’m bored and annoyed with society. Even though I attempt to ignore them. Some of their comments still manage to reach my ears. “It’s that loser again.” Someone tried to whisper, but was unsuccessful. “Why does she even bother coming?” Another said crossly. Sighing, I continue to sketch my little men, who is now fighting one another. What? Were you expecting unicorns and butterflies? My apologizes but I don’t run that way.

“She’s such an outcast.” “A real weirdo.” Biting my bottom lip, I put some pressure on the tip of my pencil. “Ugh, look how fat she is.” “And her face is weirdly proportioned.” I place a hand on my face narrowing my eyes. My clenched hand snagged some of my hair as well. My teeth grinded against one another. Only five minutes in, and I’m literally about to blow a fuse. “Such a freak.” At that moment, my pencil snapped in two, as I fling up knocking over my chair. I feel some pieces of wood pierce into the palm of my hand. “Alex!” Mr. Trod shouted. Without a word, I close my book picking it up and flung my bag over my shoulder walking to the front of the class.