||Chapter One|| The Rocking Ship

Izuru sighed. The boat that held his friends was rocking steadily, set for a destination that no one knew where it was going to be. But the continued hope of being on a boat going somewhere kept them on here and kept them from going insane.

He was standing on the bow of the ship, wind ruffling his short brown hair. The salty scent of the ocean breeze was relieving, giving off a tropical sort of vibe. The sun was just starting to set behind the waves in front of them, illuminating the water with a pink glow.

A finger tapped his shoulder, and he spun around in response. "You okay, Hajime?"

Izuru Kamukura's, or Hajime Hinata's, best friend Chiaki Nanami stood behind him, her cat-eared hoodie pulled over her head. He smiled out of relief. This may not be the real Chiaki Nanami, but it was better than not having her.

Back in high school, before the events of The Tragedy, Chiaki and Hajime had started to become good friends. Despite Hajime being a reserve course student who couldn't go in the section of the school where all the ultimates resided, they had crossed paths and started to play video games together. It soon became a daily thing, playing video games together at the fountain in the evening.

One day Hajime suddenly disappeared. After that, things started to go down.

Hajime shook away the bad memories. After all, that had passed. They were together again, and able to play video games whenever they pleased. "I'm alright, Chiaki. I'm just a little bored."

She laughed, her joy filling the air, making the atmosphere happier, "You're always bored, Hajime!"

"Not as bored as I used to be!" he protested.

"Sure~" she smiled. Hajime smiled back, knowing things were going to be alright.

Chiaki looked past him, at the sunset, "the rest of us were about to go get ready for sleep. Are you going to stay up, like last night?"

The night before the boy had stayed up until around one in the morning. Because of that, he had barely gotten enough sleep, so he was quite tired. "Yeah, I might." She nodded in response. "Hey, Chiaki? Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Can you go get Komaeda? I need to talk to him," She smiled, something immature racing through her mind.

"Sure, Hajime. I'll be right back," and with that, she was off, strolling away from Hinata gracefully. The two-toned eye boy turned back around to face the waves and felt a smile creep across his face. Everything was turning out the way he had hoped it would . . . so peaceful . . . nothing despair-inducing.

Soon enough, a snowy-haired boy came up next to him. Nagito Komaeda . . . over the time spent together on this ship, Hinata and him had grown closer. Both of them could and would talk for hours at a time. Hinata never got bored with what he had to say.

"What is it, Kamukura-kun? Nanami said that you wanted to talk to me." Nagito asked, leaning forwards on the railing.

I smiled. "I just wanted to talk to you. And please, just call me Hajime." Despite Izuru Kamukura being half of Hajime's identity, he didn't like that to be how he was addressed. It reminded him too much of The Tragedy. Despite knowing that, Nagito kept calling him Kamukura-kun, no matter how much he asked him politely not to.

"Okay, Hinata-kun." I thought I said just call me Hajime, he thought but didn't say anything.

"Anything new with you, Nagito?" Hajime asked, even though he knew the answer. The group did almost everything together on this boat, so anything one person did, the rest usually knew about it.