chapter 23

please listen to the song as the funeral starts, i'm sorry it's so short but i felt like it would go with the chapter :)

it's been a weeks since dylan's death and today was his funeral. you were currently sitting in your hotel shower sobbing, you had been dreading this day for the past week. you had taken time off of work and flew to sacramento last night to be there for his funeral, spencer had come with you since hotch couldn't because jack was sick.

you eventually got out of the shower and dried your body off. you looking in the mirror to see that your eyes were red and puffy from all of the crying you had done. you brush your teeth and wash your face before blow drying your hair. once you were finished you walked out of the and grabbed your long sleeve black dress that ended just below your knees and put it on.

you the walked back into the bedroom and parted your hair down the middle putting it in a low bun. you decided to skip out on makeup since you were more than likely going to cry it all off.

once you were finished you walked back out of the bathroom and grabbed your strap it black heels and put them on. as you were putting them on your phone rang, you looked at your phone and saw the teams group chat facetiming you, you answered and saw all of their faces smiling at you.

"hey how are you doing" penelope asks

"i've been better" you answer honestly

"we just wanted to make sure how you were doing" jj says

"we're here if you need us kiddo" rossi says

"thank you" you say

"see you soon" emily says

"bye mama" jack says waving at your from the screen

"bye buddy" you say smiling

they all hangup and you finish putting your shoes on before grabbing your small clutch which kept tissues for you, and dylan's stuffed dinosaur that you found at the scene, and your sunglasses since your eyes were sensitive to light right now. when you have everything you walk to the door and open it and close it.

you walk to spencer's room and knock on the door, when he opens dooor he's wearing all black and sunglasses.

"you ready" he asks softly

"yeah"

you both walk down to the elevator and get in, the elevator ride is very quiet due to the fact that you were thinking about what you were going to say to his family.

"hey, it's gonna be ok, ok" spencer says looking at you

"ok" you say softly

eventually the elevator stops at the lobby and you both walk out of the elevator and then put if the building. you guys get in the suv that the fbi gave you for the funeral. spencer gets in the drives seat and you get in the car. spencer drives to the graveyard that the funeral is at.

when you got there you both got out of the car, there were at least two hundred people there. spencer grabs ahold of your hand giving it a squeeze. as soon as you are about to start walking you feel a strong arm wrap around your shoulder. you look over and see derek smiling at you. you look back and see the team, jack and henry walking towards you.

"you guys came" you say your voice wavering

"of course we did, we couldn't let you do this by yourself" penelope says

"come on guys it's starting" jj says

you all walk up towards the crowd. you feel spencer let go of your hand and you feel a rough but soft hand grab yours, arrons hand, you look up at him and a you give him a smile.

"today we gather here to celebrate the life of dylan maxwell"

after the funeral ends everyone gives the parents their condolences and place flowers on his casket.

the team offers with you to go talk to the parents but you decline. this is smithing that your need to you by yourself. before walking away aaron and jack each give you a kiss on the cheek.

you walk up to the casket and put the dinosaur on top of it. you stare at the casket for a minute feeling the tears fall again.

"i'm so sorry dylan, i will spend everyday for the rest of my life making it up to you" you say placing your hand on his casket.

you walk over to his parents and give the a small smile. they clearly are in a lot of pain why wouldn't they be they just lost their son.

"mr and mrs. maxwell" you say grabbing their attention "i'm so sorry for your loss" you say your voice wavering

"thank you, you must be agent y/l/n" mr. maxwell says and you nod

"was he in any pain" mrs. maxwell asks

"yes but it wasn't for very long" you say feeling the tears fall from your eyes

"were you the last thing he saw before he died" she asks

"yes" you say swallowing the lump in your throat "i'm so sorry" you say letting the sob go

"oh sweetie it's ok" she says giving you a hug which makes you sob even harder "you are the one who put that son of a bitch in jail" she says

she lets you go and rubs your shoulder "thank you" she says letting her tears fall

"if you need anything please do not hesitate to call me" you say giving her your card

"we will" the both say

you give them a small wave before walking back over to the team who was waiting for you. you walked up to hotch a he grabbed one hand while jack grabbed the other.

"thank you guys for being here" you say

"of course, that's what families do kiddo"

____________________
hey

i know three chapters in less that 24 hours, i've literally have been procrastinating on my homework to get these chapters out. only 7 more chapters to go before the end of this book. i really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!

xx
brielle