20. Belated Honeymoon

The loud roaring of the motorboat filled Flora's ears as Tina sped down the waters of the Caribbean Sea. Flora could see the island become bigger as they neared it's shores. The brunette smiled when she found her husband waving at them as the boat came to a slow stop.

"I missed you so much," Hayden sighed as he embraced his wife. He pulled her closer, enjoying her warmth.

"I miss you as well," Flora replied as she smiled up at her husband. He looked more handsome than ever as his pale skin had already tanned a little.

"Have fun!" Tina called out before turning the boat around and leaving the island's small harbor. Hayden and Flora waved goodbye before walking toward the mansion.

Hayden picked up his wife bridal style causing the brunette to let out a giggly squeal. "We have to do it the right way, my love."

Flora helped Hayden by reaching her hand down and sliding the door open for them to walk through. Hayden gently set Flora down and cupped her face before connecting their lips. Flora pulled Hayden closer, enjoying the passionate kiss they shared.

       Hayden rested his forehead against Flora's as they pulled away. "I've missed you, il mio amore."

       "I have too, but we are finally together." Flora whispered as she stroked Hayden's cheek. "Now, what do you have planned?"

       "A lot, my love." Hayden replied as he guided Flora to the kitchen. "But first, you should eat after your long journey."

       "Ouuu, that looks good!" Flora looked hungrily at the shrimp cocktail in front of her. Hayden chuckled at his wife's expression and served the brunette some of the food.

       "How was your stay with Dante?" Hayden asked as he handed Flora the large cocktail glass filled with the shrimp cocktail.

       "It went pretty good," Flora answered. "Most of the time him and his girlfriend Stephanie were out attending meetings regarding his modeling agency, but he did give me —" Flora rummaged through her purse until she found the pen that Dante had given her. "This."

       Hayden examined the pen and smiled when he ran his thumb over the familiar symbol. "He gave me something similar after we established our alliance." Hayden said as he began to unbutton his light blue shirt and Flora looked away, feeling her cheeks beat up. "See."

       Flora hesitantly returned her gaze to Hayden and her eyes widened as she saw the same symbol embedded into Hayden's skin with black ink. "I didn't know you had a tattoo."

       "For the record, you've only seen me naked once." Hayden winked at Flora who felt her cheeks flush. Hayden chuckled at his wife's shyness and walked over to her, hugging the brunette from behind. "You look cute when your shy."

"Shut u—" Flora's sentence was cut short by Hayden's lips. The two of them smiled into the sweet kiss before Hayden rested his chin on Flora's shoulder while she ate.

"We finally got some news on Lorenzo," Hayden commented as he placed a kiss on Flora's shoulder. The brunette turned to him, eager to hear the news. "He fled the country to Switzerland and the President has refused to help us."

       "Well, at least he is not in Italy anymore." Flora reasoned, trying to sound hopeful, but the brunette knew that Lorenzo would be back.

       Hayden nodded in agreement. "For now, it is safe to go back to Italy — after our honeymoon, of course." Flora smiled at her husband, knowing that for now they were safe and had nothing to worry about. "However, when we do go back we will be staying at the Massaro-Medici Estate...we will be safer there."