Answering old questions (old)

Ok, so since I can't reply to these questions directly, because wattpad isn't working right, I'll just write them down here and answer them in the chapter.

Q: I hope squirrel is ok
A: Yep, a squirrel should be fine! It opens up a lot of design elements, functions and roles in universe that could be pretty fun to experiment with. I don't think that any animal isn't "ok" to use for an animatronic, it just needs to be used and designed well for the story you want to set up. Some people may call certain types of animals "overused" in fnaf, with some reason, but if you can bring something new to the table, you should be fine.
Q: Pretty sure those "oc" are joke oc
A: Yep
Q: Pip the Penguins ice cream parlour boiz 👌
A: That sounds really great! Just remember to use certain elements that may come up with the location as well. You could have some temperature changing mechanic, where if the temperature got too high, the animatronics would all return to the dining area to evacuate guests. This could also make them faster though, giving you a kind of high risk, high reward type thing.
Q: My oc pretty cringe to you I guess.. her name is arvi the fox and she is the one who introduces foxy to the kids and her story is that when she was 9 her 10 birth day was coming up and she made "friends" with the purple guy and he told her that he was going to throw her a private party, she goes and he offers Isabel a hug and she says yeah and he stabs her in the back, I don't ship them but arvi does like the purple a bit still, but in a friendly way
A: This actually sounds really cool. Maybe you could change the name a bit to suit the animal a bit more, but a child who doesn't fully understand what happened and who still trusts the killer would be great for story!
Q: I made a fan story (haven't posted it) where Purple guy thought the animatronics would kill kids to so he put a child in there with them and they didn't so he tried to kill her himself and became spring trap.
A: That actually sounds really interesting. William is supposed to have been fascinated by the animatronics, so it would make sense that he would try to experiment with lives like that.
Q: Mines is Apple ~ Seed's Diner
A: Aww, that sounds really cute. I'd eat there :)
Q: Okay but... Get this...
What if my oc is... A night guard oc?
A: This is actually something I've wanted to talk about. I have a night guard oc in the works, and I think I could share some things that I've learned. When making a night guard oc, you really don't have to go all out. A lot of people make the mistake of making the night guard one of the most lore infused characters in the story, but then never do anything with them. A night guard oc could just be a kid in high school who needed a job, so they decided to work at Freddy's. The most complicated part of writing a night guard that you know isn't going to have major plot relevance, is thinking up a reason why they would stay for five nights. Maybe past connections to the franchise, a contract, blackmail, or just straight up spite.

If you want the night guard to be a central part of the plot, you'll probably need to take away from the relevance of the animatronics. It's all about balance when writing, you can't overload the person playing the game, reading the story or otherwise consuming the story in some other way with too much information. Even in things that are very character heavy, where everyone seems to have an equal part, you'll see that some characters are underdeveloped. That isn't because the creator was lazy, it could just be because not every side characters needs a whole novel worth of lore and backstory to go with them.

I'll probably talk about creating human ocs in a future chapter, but since I'm back I'm going to change my outro.

See ya later!
-Addison