Chapter 2

When I reached the veterinary office I was ten minutes late, upon seeing my busted lip and bloodied mouth, my boss Dr. Owens understood why I was late. He was even nice enough to doctor my wound, before worriedly asking me questions.

"Karly what happened?" Doc questions as he cleans my lip for me

I shrug uncaringly.

"It was nothing, got a little roughed up by my 'bully' before we had a spark to spark conversation on how hurting people isn't going to solve his problems." I say casually.

He shakes his head before smiling.

"You are a very extraordinary young woman, Karly." He says.

I snort in slight disagreement.

"I wouldn't put it that way, Transformers can teach you a lot of stuff, like freedom is the right of ALL sentient beings." I say trying to do my best Optimus Prime voice at the end.

He begins to laugh.

"My son is in love with Transformers." He says.

I nod to him with an approving grin.

"He's a good boy, knows a good franchise when he sees one." I smirk.

Dr. Owens laughs, before he puts on an 'AH!" face before quickly turning around. Curiously I TRY to look over his shoulders, only to realize a 5'5 girl won't be able to see over a 6'1 man, so I let out a huff of defeat.

"I got you a gift." Owens says with his back towards me.

"Oh really?" I question interested, getting a laugh from the older man.

"I figured you deserved it, had you not been in the surgery room at the time, a family would have lost a cherished family member." He says.

I shrugged with a grin.

"It's my job to help out." I say seriously

He laughs lightly.

"So what's my gift?" I questioned excitedly as I bounced in spot, pain shoot through me but I ignore it.

"My wife is into metal works, and she's always been looking for a challenge. Well my son, being a Transformers fan like yourself, asked her if she could make an Allspark shard, and she did. Luckily for you I managed to talk her into making another just for you." He says turning around holding up a shard necklace.

My eyes widen, before I gape at Owens, speechless and overwhelmed with excitement.

"YOU are AWESOME!" I squeal taking the shard and holding in front of my eyes, taking in every single detail.

He chuckles, before looking curiously at me when my face becomes concentrated.

"Is something wrong?" He questions.

I quit staring at the shard, before shaking my head.

"Nope! I was just seeing if it'll sweep me away into the Transformers universe, like it does to the chicks in the fanfictions." I say

Dr. Owens begins to laugh at me.

"My son did the exact same thing!" He says.

I look over to Owens.

"I'm going to have to meet this son of yours." I smile.

He chuckles.

"He's eight."

"So? We can be BFFS! We can watch movies and read comics together, he can be the little brother I always wanted!" I gush.

He shakes his head with an amused smile.