Chapter 52

Freya's P.O.V.

My eyes turns towards the door when it opens up. Kumunot ang noo ko ng makita ang seryosong mukha ni Noctis. The dark expression on his face makes me think that he has bad news to bring to the table. I stand up from my seat and walk towards him. His strong arms enclose my small waist, pulling me towards him. I tiptoed to give him a soft peck on the side of his lips, hoping to ease his tension a bit.

"Is there any problem?" Tanong ko rito.

Noctis let go of me and I take a bit of a step back. He let out a sigh of frustration and walk towards the chair where I am sitting a while ago and slump on it. His eyes then turn towards some documents that I am reading, and it moves to some chocolate balls that I am snacking. He takes a few pieces of it and popped it into his mouth.

"Yeah, you're stress." Humakbang ako palapit rito at saka itinabi ang ilang dokumento sa mesa. I sit on the table facing him and touches his face. "Tell me, what is it?"

He let out a series of deep breaths before looking up to me.

"The warrior that I send to check Prompto's tomb says that the niche is empty." Wika nito saka muling napabuntong-hininga. "That means the assassin who tried to kill our son and almost put Light and her child in danger is Prompto."

Sumeryoso ang mukha ko sa sinabi nito. Somehow I am already expecting it. But then the confirmation about it sounds more alarming than I expected it to be. Prompto is a great assassin. Cloud is in serious danger.

"What's our plan? Prompto is part of Niflhiem. Our trackers won't be able to track him that easily, he can roam around the pack without being noticed." Nag-aalalang wika ko.

"Nyx will be with you and Cloud all the time. I'll double the patrol. Prompto is a dangerous assassin, much more now that it seems to me that he became a dead weapon."

Kumuyom ang kamao ko sa pinaghalong galit at pagaalala. How could Tenebrae do such thing? Why would they do something as abominable as that? Prompto died before even getting a chance to know that he is becoming a father. When he died, so does Light. She didn't die physically, but she lost her sparks and her glow. For me, that is so much worst than death itself. She regained herself once she learned about pregnancy. I saw the sparks of hope for the future return to her eyes, but then this happened.

"Is there a way we can save Prompto without him dying?" Tanong ko rito.

Sa tanong kong iyon ay kumunot ang noo ni Noctis. Umiling ito bilang sagot.

"Necromancy doesn't revive a person from death, Freya. Sure it revives the human body, but it's nothing but an empty shell. It doesn't have a soul in it." Paliwanag nito. "This is why Necromancy is forbidden in Eos. It shows a lot of disrespect to the dead."

Napayuko ako sa sinabi nito.

"But what about Light? She suffered enough from Prompto's death. I don't think she can handle seeing Prompto's death for the second time." Mahinang wika ko.

I don't want to see any more death. Is it hopeless to ask heaven for this request? There has to be another way to do it. There has to be another way to help and save Prompto without killing him.

"I know." Wika ni Noctis. "Anyway, I came here to inform you that I arranged something for you. I remember you telling me a month ago that you want me to train you, right?"

Sa sinabing iyon ni Noctis ay umangat ang tingin ko rito. My eyes sparks in interest upon hearing him say the word train.

"You're going to train me?" I cannot hide the spark of excitement in my voice as I speak. "Really?"