Chapter 59

Nyx's P.O.V.

Ang tanawin mula sa engrandeng bubong ng pack house ng Tenebrae ay hindi pa rin nagbabago. The pack house resembles a huge castle, built to cater both the Alpha family, Beta family and some of the great warriors of this pack. This pack house has been my home for years too, this place used to give me that kind of comfort of familiarity and safety. But now, everything feels so different. The home that used to protect me became my enemy. If it was for the better or for the worst, I can't tell. It's my job to protect the next-in-line alpha. I am a protector after all. I did what I think is the best for Tenebrae. Luna Freya needs to take the throne. It's the only way this pack can survive.

I let out a heave upon feeling a threatening aura behind me. I don't need to turn around to know who it is. There is only one man in this pack who will seek for my blood. The man whom I sworn to stand by his side until my last breath, but I ended up turning my back on him to answer my calling.

"I guess, this is really inevitable." Wika ko na hindi lumilingon dito.

"The moment I learned that my little sister is mated to Noctis, I know that you are set to betray me." I can hear a tinge of disappointment in Ravus voice. "But then I hold on to your words that you will stand beside me until your last breath."

I turn around just in time to see him pulling out his sword from its sheath. His face is void with any emotion, his eyes is blank and his hand is close in a tight fist. Ravus was eaten by his own insecurity. He is the oldest child and a male. But moongoddess played a dangerous game by putting the alpha mark on his younger sister, Freya. For others it might be very simple, but for Ravus it is a big insult.

I draw my blades and prepare myself for a battle. Walang kahit isang salitang tutumbas sa pagtatraidor na nagawa ko laban kay Ravus. Sa aking mga mata ay tinutupad ko lamang ang tungkuling iniatang sa akin. Subalit sa mata ni Ravus, isang masakit na pagtatalikod sa pinagsamahan namin ang ginawa ko.

"I did what I think is right," Wika ko saka hinigpitan ang pagkakahawak sa dalawang blade na nasa kamay ko. "There's nothing I can do to avoid my destiny."

Umalingaw-ngaw ang blankong tawa ni Ravus sa kalaliman ng gabi. Dama ko ang galit at pagpipigil nito. Matapos ang ilang sandali ay tumigil ito sa pagtawa at sinalubong ang mga mata ko. His eyes are darkened with hatred lacing on it.

"Destiny, why on earth people in this world seems so invested in their so called 'destiny'?" He says full of sarcasm, quoting the word 'destiny' with his two fingers in the air. "Well, guess what? I forged my own destiny, I don't fucking give a fuck on what's written in the stars or in my palm! This pack is mine and you betraying your sworn brother for a fucking destiny is beyond unacceptable!"

In just a second Ravus is already in front of me. Swinging his sword in my direction with the intention to kill. I am quick to jump backwards to avoid his attack. However, Ravus seems expecting me to do it. Without a warning, I feel his presence behind me and before I can even turn around, I felt a strong force slamming on my back.

I was thrown meters away from where I am standing a while ago. Another kick landed on my stomach while I'm still on the air, throwing me few more meters away. Bumangga ang likod ko sa batong pader. Fuck it!

I use my arm to cover my mouth as I starts to cough up crimson liquid. Itinukod ko ang hawak kong blade upang makatayo. I probably deserve that kick from him.

"What happened now Nyx?" Puno ng pangiinsulto ang tono ng boses nito habang nakatayo ilang metro ang layo mula sa akin. "You seems weaker now than you used to be."

Pinunasan ko ang dugo sa gilid ng labi ko at saka ngumisi rito. Ravus might be match with Noctis before, but after Noctis gained the power of Leviathan, Noctis became indestructible. Artemis with the power of the black dragon is the only one that could have killed him, but Noctis manage to outsmart him. In this world, Niflhiem holds the power to takeover.