Im Staying Right Here

Neil jolted out of bed to a pound of someone's fist on him and Andrew's bedroom door.

"ANDREW!" He yelled frantically, but the blonde didn't even flinch.

He stared incredulously at Andrew before dragging his gaze up to the door warily. Maybe he imagined it.

He lightly layed his hand on Andrew's shoulder, he still didn't flinch, yet his chess continued to rise and fall.

BANG!

Neil jumped again, this time on the bed, and he pulled Andrew to his chest, still the blonde continued to sleep soundlessely.

"Andrew!! WAKE UP!" Neil screamed as whoever was outside the door started pounding on it violently.

"ANDREW!!" He sobbed as the pounding became louder and louder.

He held Andrew to him and the door began to creak on its hinges as the frame began to shake.

"PLEASE! Please WAKE UP!!" He sobbed into Andrew's shirt, beginning to shake as violently as the door itself.

---------------------------------------------------------

"NEIL! WAKE UP!"

Andrew lay under Neil with his arms holding him down on top of him.

Neil continued to thrash violently in Andrew's arms as he screamed and begged someone to stop.

"Wake up, im right here." He whispered desperately into Neil ear.

Neils thrashes turned into desperate grasps, and he held onto the arms wrapped around him like his life depended on it. His desperate pleas turned into loud sobbs as he started to  come back to reality.

"Andrew!" He sobbed into Andrew's arms and held onto him tightly.

Andrew sat up and gathered Neil into his arms gently. He burrowed his face in Neils hair.

He was lost. Neil had been having the same nightmare for weeks, evertime waking Andrew up in the middle of the night thrashing while begging someone to stop.

Neil refused to talk about.

He would fall back asleep crying in Andrew's arms and wake up in the morning like nothing happened.

Andrew had been watching Neil bury whatever was haunting him every night as soon as he woke up in the morning.

Neil had always been the early riser. He woke up as soon as the sun started peaking up over the horizon. Meaning he always woke up before Andrew, except for the last few weeks.

Andrew had dark, deep circles under his eyes. He couldn't go back to sleep after Neils nightmares, and had only been getting a minimum of 4 hours of sleep every night.

Every morning he would watch Neil try and bury himself in the covers and try to erase the memory of the dream he had a few hours before.

He would watch Neil bury the memory down low. The empty look in his beautiful blue eyes afterward almost teared Andrew to pieces more than holding Neil down as he begged and screamed for his demons to leave him alone.

He wanted, no, needed to protect Neil from those demons. He would let them tare him apart, piece by piece if it meant keeping them away from Neil.

He would do anything, but he couldn't do anything, and it was killing him. Not as much as Neils rejection of Andrew's help though. That, was tearing him apart.

"Talk to me." He whispered desperately into Neils ear as he pulled him closer to his chest.

"Let me chase them away. Let me kill them."

Neil clung on tighter, and buried his head into Andrew's shoulder as much as possible.

As the minute hand made its way around the clock Neils sobs subsided, but he never stopped shaking. No matter how tightly Andrew held onto him, his fear held on tighter, and he looked up at Andrew for help.

Tears recurred as he confessed what his father took away from him every night. The life that slipped right out of his hands in his reoccurring nightmare.

"Please." He pleaded again, and Andrew felt his heart break with it.

"Please, wake up." He took Andrew's face in his hands and pulled there foreheads together. "Dont let him take you away from me."

The heartbreaking desperation in his voice had nothing on the certainty in Andrew's.

"I'm staying right here."

He pulled Neils hand over his beating heart.

They fell asleep to the sound of their hearts, Neils, finally falling into the beat of Andrew's before they fell into unconsciousness.