V

"because i can tell that you like her too.."

THIRD PERSON POV

sangyeon focused on the road, still thinking about eric's words. he shook his head and looked back at the boy through the mirror who had fallen asleep. "it can't be.. no. she's a sister to me...nothing more..." sangyeon tried to reassure himself, but he continued to think about it. "but what if i do like her more than friends...." the elder male heaved a deep sigh and shook his head in denial.

"hyung, you should have known that i'm awake," eric chuckled, "but you know, there are some times where you want to deny your feelings for hwayoung, but in the end, you actually do like her? i had that too in the beginning, but if you really like her, you can have her, i won't make a fuss out of it." eric smiled.

"no eric, i don't like hwayoung it's okay. she's only like a little sister to me y'know?" sangyeon defended. "sure..." eric muttered. "come on, if you come into realization that you DO actually like her, just know that i told you." the younger shrugged and closed his eyes again. sangyeon thought about it again until he saw that the traffic lights turned green.

sangyeon saw as the sky turned grey, little water droplets dropping onto the cars windows. he activated the windshield wipers and continued to drive, until he eventually reached eric's house. "yah, son youngjae." sangyeon reached his arm to tap the boy sitting in the backseat. eric groaned and stretched as he had just awoken from his slumber. the boy rubbed his eyes and looked at the window beside him.

"this is my stop, see you tomorrow at school hyung." youngjae exited the car and closed the door behind him. the elder sighed deeply and drove over to his house again. it rained heavily but it calmed sangyeon down. he couldn't stop thinking about eric's words, what if he did like her? what if he wanted to be more than just her 'brother'? what if he wanted more between them..?

sangyeon smiled as he turned on the radio and listened to 'i'm yours' by jason mraz. a few minutes into the song, he sang along softly. his angelic voice filled the car, it made him feel easy again. sangyeon looked at the christmas decorations that were hanging across the streets. there were fairy lights that were in the shapes of stars, presents, firs and gingerbread cookies. the thought of christmas made him think of his family, he was upset that he couldn't be with them. but he'll find a way to see them again.

sangyeon parked at his stop and exited the car. the smell of grass and plants made him feel relaxed. he went up to his front door and went inside, to be greeted with nothing but silence. the male took off his shoes and went upstairs into his room. he picked out some comfortable clothes, a towel and made his way into the bathroom.

he closed the drainage of the bathtub and let the warm water fill the bathtub. he got into the bathtub after taking off his clothes and put bubbles in them. sangyeon leaned his head back and closed his eyes. the male breathed out heavily and tried calming himself down from his thoughts, but they kept running through his mind.

meanwhile hwayoung was sitting in her bed,
thinking about sangyeon and eric. she always felt the safest around them. she also felt like she had a feeling for the both of them, but more towards sangyeon. eric had cared for her since day one of her school year which made her fall for him easily. but sangyeon would worry about her a lot, wondering if she was actually okay and healthy, if she's ever bothered by something, he was there.

the thoughts clouded up her mind which gave her a headache. she went downstairs to see her mother baking cookies. a soft smile curled from her lips as she went on over to check them out. "you need help ma?" hwayoung asked. "i do actually, could you be so kind and get me the fir and all the christmas cookie cutters from the drawer?" her mother answered. "sure thing~" hwayoung went on over to the drawer and took out the cutters.

she and her mother started to cut out the cookies. "mom i have to tell you something.." hwayoung spoke hesitantly. "go ahead sweetie!" she answered. "every time i'm with sangyeon, my heart skips a beat and i start to feel this weird feeling in my stomach..what does that mean?" the girl asked. "honey," her mother spoke, "you have feelings for sangyeon!" she cheered. "huh? it can't be! i only see him as a brother i swear mom!" hwayoung defends.

"no honey, you just don't realize it. that's how i was with your father as well." the elder lady smiles at her daughter and rolls out the dough to create more cookies. "to be honest, sangyeon acts like he would be a great boyfriend for you honey! if you're sick, he comes over and takes care of you while we're gone, and when you're lonely, he's there for you!" her mother cheers happily. "mom are you sure hat you're not over exaggerating?" hwayoung asks.

"i'm not. you'll realize your feelings soon." hwayoungs mother set the finished cookies onto the tray that was covered with parchment paper. hwayoung didn't believe her mother. she thought it was just some kind of joke since her mother really shipped the both of them together. "mom, are you sure that i haven't just caught a cold?" she asked again.

"now you're going crazy. why would your heart skip a beat if you're sick? why would you have butterflies in your stomach if you're sick? think about it honey, you'll realize it soon." her mother smiled at her again. "go to bed, you have school tomorrow." she spoke soon.

hwayoung left the kitchen and went into her room. she thought about the words her mother said one last time before drifting off.

————————
1022 words!