IX

THIRD PERSON POV

after a long day of shopping, they headed back to sangyeons and went into individual rooms, wrapping up the presents they bought. hwayoung sat in the room and taped up the last present before putting it on the pile. "finished!" she cheered and drank from her water bottle.

changmin entered the room she was in and looked at the presents she signed. changmin looked for his gift and saw a rather slim but big gift. "what's this?" he asked. "secret~" she giggled and snatched the present from his grasp. "who's your secret santa~?" he asked again.

"yah, if you dare to tell anyone else i will maul you like a bear," she threatened, "i won't." he chuckled. "it's sangyeon but since we got paired up i pretended it was jacob." she whispered. "oooh, smart one." he pats her back and smiles. "you two have a connection, i can tell." changmin winked at the girl and smirked. "oh shut up." her cheeks tinted pink.

"i mean maybe i do like sangyeon.." she whispered to him. he gasps dramatically and widens his eyes, "you do?!" he whisper-shouts back at her. "yeah, it's just really weird to confess." hwayoung frowned and wrapped ribbons on the gifts.

"oi, don't be so hard on yourself hwa. i'm sure he feels the same way, the way he treats you? the way he cares for you? the way he jokes with you? definitely a winner." he says. "who knows if he'll or you'll confess to him at midnight." the boy chuckles. "have you finished packing up all of your presents?" she changed the topic.

"yeah." she replied. "that's a good thing." he smiles. "sangyeon has a special one for you." changmin chuckles. "i know i'm his best friend minnie." she chuckled. "but soon you won't be..." he mutters. "i didn't quite get that, what did you say?" "oh it was nothing important~" he reassures.

"let's go put our presents under the tree." changmin said. "alright." she grabbed the gifts and headed out of the room,with a pile of presents in her arms. she placed them down neatly under his tree and smiled.

"looks nice, right?" she asks. "sure it is. our holiday has been quite swamped." he sighs. "it sure was, but hey, everything's okay now that it's finally christmas eve" she chuckled.

sangyeon slumped down the stairs with gifts in his arms. hwayoung ran up to him and grabbed a few presents from his frail arms. "thanks, you don't have to." sangyeon breathed. "no yeon, i insist" she bubbles.

she saw the bag and the snake was in there with enough food. a heavy sigh escaped her lips as she thought she had to say goodbye to the snake. hyunjoon put on christmas songs in the background as hwayoung and sangyeon placed down the last set of presents.

they went on over to the food and chatted a bit. they ate and eric came up to hwayoung. "hey hwa!" eric boomed. "hi youngjae~" she smiled. "i wanted to tell you that.." he sigjed, "i've liked you for a few months now.. you probably don't feel the same way but that's okay, choose whoever you want to love and if they hurt you, come to me, yeah?" he distraughtly smiled at her and walked off.

hwayoung looked at him and sighed. "i'm sorry that i don't feel the same way eric.." she whispered and filled a glass with water. she felt bad for the boy. "hey, why are you so down?" jacob asked. "eric confessed to me, i just don't feel the same way." she croaked. "hey don't feel too bad about it, he already got the hints of you liking sangyeon." he assured.

hwayoung frowned and looked at jacob. "hey don't be sad." he cupped her cheeks and wiped away her tears. "smile." jacob commanded. she didn't. "should i tickle you?" he smiled. he slowly did small finger movements and moved his arms towards her figure. his hands reached her waist and she started giggling hysterically.

"see! now you're smiling!" he giggled. "thanks jacob. you really know how to out a smile on someones face." hwayoung praised. "i do?" "you do." he grins widely from ear to ear and nods. "go eat, you must be hungry." he pats her shoulder, signalling for her to eat.

she grabbed a plate and placed food onto her empty plate. after, she grabbed utensils and ate silently. nobody approached her, until sangyeon did. "hey hwa," he smiles. she smiled as well. hwayoung hummed in response and looked at him. "i forgot what i waa gonna say, sorry" he scratched his nape.

"don't worry about it yeon." she chuckled.
"hey hwa.." he softly said. "hm?"

"i want you to be my girlfriend." he said.

hwayoung smiled. "I'd love to be your girlfriend~" she giggled and wrapped her arms around his torso.

~THE END~