If You Can't Take the Heat

Marla: Today's challenge will test your minds, your teamwork, and your skills in the kitchen! You'll be cooking a three-course meal and serving it to me for tasting. The winners get a reward and the losers will send somebody home. Each team will appoint a head chef to create the theme of the meal and to oversee the cooking. To cook, you need ingredients. Every morning, a truck brings us food. Today's task starts there.

While Marla's team were getting foods...

Heather: Leshawna, mangoes. Beth, pineapples. Lindsay, macadamias. Trent, molasses. Gwen, tomatoes.

Heather: Gwen, Lindsay, you're on the citrus macadamia upside down cake flambé.

Lindsay: [to Gwen] Know how to make an upside down flamer thingy?

Marla: It's cake flambé, Lindsay.

Lindsay: Whatever.

Heather: Trent, you and Owen are on ribs. Leshawna and Beth, you're on pineapple skewers and mango dip!

Maverine: Three hours and counting, guys.

Three hours later...

Marla: [chewing] Your antipasto passed the testo. Pass the pasta, please. [chewing, slurp] On a scale of one to ten, fifteen. How will my team respond?

Although Owen may be disqualified for eating.

Marla: Yeah, this looks like it's uh, been eaten.

Owen: Not all of it. I think there's a tiny chunk left on that... bone. Over there. Yeah, there.

Marla: [chewing] You know what? I've had worse. Two points!

Owen: Yeah!

Maverine: Ooh, close, Owen. But my team still lead fifteen to eleven. Time for dessert!

Meanwhile...

Maverine: Ehhhh, six. My team have twenty-one, so Marla's team need all ten points just to tie it up. I have to say, this dessert looks like a winner.

Marla: What the heck is this?

Lindsay: It's Heather's recipe!

Maverine: It is! My team win twenty-one to twelve and it's not just 'cause I almost died. The ribs sucked, too.

Heather: Great! That's just great! Why do we keep losing, people? And what is this? I didn't approve this!

Beth: I-I brought it back as a souvenir. You know, from the other island.

Heather: You did what?!

Marla: You mean Boney Island? The one I specifically said not to take anything from or you'll be cursed?

Beth: Yeah... I didn't know! I'll put it back!

Maverine: Okay, my team now lead with seven members to Marla's team soon to be six. And as promised, the winners will be enjoying a reward tonight. A five-star dinner under the stars.

Later that night...

Marla: I've got seven team sitting in front of me tonight. But only six fluffy bits of sweet safety in my hands. So good luck. When I call your name, come up and get your marshmallow. Leshawna, Owen, Gwen, Trent, Lindsay. Heather, Beth. It's down to you. Whoever doesn't get this last marshmallow must immediately walk The Hall of Shame and leave on the Boat of Losers. Forever. The final marshmallow goes to... Heather.

Heather: You heard him. Boat of Losers, that-a-way. That really was stupid of you to take that doll from the island.

Leshawna: Seeya girl.

Marla: That's it for tonight. And you might wanna burn some sage to get rid of any lingering curse vibes.

Leshawna: Cool. Will Chef give us some sage?

Marla: Nope. So good luck with that.

Maverine: Bruce, Beth did not make any pineapples and mangos, in which she is leaving tonight.

Bruce M.: Yeah, she regrets that. Only the strong survive.