Prologue

Flashback

"Promise that you'll keep in touch?" The eight-year-old you let out your right pinky finger and extended it towards the person sitting beside you.

"Promise," a warm smile crept up the boy's face as he intertwined his pinky finger with yours. His black hair matched his innocent look.

"Call me every day!" It sounded more like a command rather than just a mere request.

The boy who was sitting beside you pinched both of your cheeks gently, "Y/Nieeeeee, I will. I promise."

"Don't you dare break your promise," you crossed your arms in front of you.

"I promise," he assured.

Soon, the boy and his family fled to America. The boy whom you made a promise with was none other than your best friend, Park Jimin. His dad got promoted and was offered to work in a branch in a bigger country. This was an opportunity for him and his family. You were excited for him but also felt a little sad and lonely, 'cause he'll be living far away from you.

In the first few months, you and him were still able to chat online. You set up a time that would work for both of you. He never missed a day. However, one time he suddenly never showed up on the schedule that you both agreed. You waited for days, weeks, months and it turned into years, but still no sign from him. This made you sad. You thought, he had forgotten about you.

On the other hand, Jimin spent six months lying in a hospital bed. On the very same day that he wasn't able to go online, he was rushing home, to meet you virtually. Sadly, he happened to meet an accident that caused some part of his memories to be erased. And that includes you. You were never aware of this.

For Jimin, he's starting again from a clean slate. While you, you were bound to a world hoping that your best friend will suddenly show up so that you'll be able to tell him how much you missed him.

Timeskip – Current Day

You could not wait to meet your cousin Tara. The two of you were super close and treated each other like sisters. Right after high school graduation, her family moved to America. You would always FaceTime each other to give updates about your lives and there was not a day that was missed.

Today, she will come home with her fiancé. She never told you about him because she never really liked him in the first place. It was an arranged marriage set up by his and her parents. But when they had the chance to get to know each other more, she instantly fell in love with him.

"Y/N!" Your cousin shouted your name as soon as she was out of the arrival's area. While there you were, mindlessly scrolling through your phone as your graceful body leaned on the door beside the passenger's seat.

She was happily waving at you when your eyes caught the sight of a familiar face.

Your cousin was now standing in front of you. While the familiar face stood beside her.

"I missed you so much!" Tara hugged you like there was no tomorrow. Then continued, "Meet my fiancé. Park Jimin."

You felt like your world stopped. You never thought that a day would come where you will meet your best friend being introduced as someone else's fiancé. And that someone else, is your cousin. You wanted to hug him so badly and ask why he never contacted you but you didn't move a muscle. You felt betrayed by him. Why is he suddenly showing up at a time like this?

"Hi, I'm Park Jimin. I've heard a lot about you Y/N," he extended his right hand. Why did he sound like it was the first time he met you?

You slowly brought your right hand to accept his offer, but Tara took a step closer to you and clung to your right arm. "Y/N!!!" She spoke, "We've got a lot of catch-ups to do my dear."