four

"Thanks?"

★.*・.*・*

"HERE are the notes for Potions and Transfiguration, Malfoy." Hermione kept the piles of parchment paper on the table nearby and sighed as she sat besides him on the bed.

"I still can't believe I have to study even in my condition!"

"Your condition? I'm the one who has to work harder and take notes for two people!"

"Well, you're the one who punched me."

"Don't act as if you didn't deserve it!"

"You use that same defence everytime I finally come up with a good comeback!"

"So is that what you do all day long? Try to come up with good comebacks for me?"

Draco's face went a little pink as Hermione smirked.

"We- Well, that's completely off the point!"

"Uh huh. Sure."

"Granger!"

"What? I agree! I completely agree with you!" She let out a little laugh.

"Whatever" Draco mumbled as he rested his head against the headboard, his eyes closed and slightly smiling.

"Malfoy, your medicine." Hermione quietly said.
Maybe I'm being too hard on him. Just maybe.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." Draco straightened his back.

Hermione looked at him. His eyes were staring at her hand, following them wherever it went. She cleared her throat.

His eyes just weren't letting go.

"Uh- here." She kinda forced the spoon in his mouth. He gulped down the sour liquid, and that was the only time he shut his eyes.

"Um, bye then."
Why is he so awkward all of a sudden?

Draco kept staring.

"Hey what's the deal, Malfoy?"

"Nothing, you just look nice today."

"Huh?"

"Your hair. You didn't comb them today. You let them be."

"Thanks?"

She stood up and went for the door.

"Granger, I'm sorry, really."
Did Malfoy just apologise?

"Huh?"

"I'm sorry for being a jerk. I shouldn't have been one. I'm sorry."

Is he saying all of this just so that I will continue making notes for him even after this?

"Well, I'm glad you apologised." Hermione smiled at him. He smiled back.

"Shouldn't you be sorry too?"

"Uh- yeah! I'm sorry for..." Hermione closed her eyes and pretended to think.

"Being a better actor than you?"

"Granger!" Draco let out a laugh.

Hermione mimicked the actions he did a week ago when he agitated the hippogriff, her eyes tightly closed as she spoke in a high pitched voice- "It's killed meh, it's killed meh!"

Draco laughed along with Hermione for a good minute.

"I'm sorry for overeating." Hermione said.

"So, peace?"
"Peace."

"I'll see you tomorrow, then."
"You will."

Hermione's time turner fell out of her robes as she started walking away with hurried footsteps. She was already late for meeting Hagrid that evening.

Draco saw her time-Turner slip out of her pocket and fall on the floor.

"Hey Granger, what is this?"

He stood from his bed and walked towards the magical, gold plated necklace.

Seeing Hermione not bothering to look back, he picked it up and said,"Is this a time Turner?"

Hermione nearly tripped as she turned back in shock as Draco's eyes widened.

"Father says the Ministry has destroyed them all!"

Hermione snatched the time turner from his hand, and before anything could happen, she ran out of the hospital wing. She knew, of course, that Malfoy would not stop bothering her until she told him the truth, or gave him a really clever lie, but she wasn't ready to deal with that on the spot.

Besides, she was very late already.

this sucks, bYe-