-Chapter 17-

Third Person POV:

 Techno stared at Dream, his eyes wide, as his hands loosen their grip and Skeppy's tighten. Dream's blond, wavy curls flew in the blowing wind, he looked majestic. But Techno frowned when he saw the other's face, at least the parts he could see. Smiling mask, and a sad smile...a hurt expression.

Beside Dream was George and Sapnap. George had a smirk plastered on him, while Sapnap gave his taller friend a sympathetic look. Suddenly Dream turned around and rushed away, the two followed close behind. Techno's hand reached out, wanting to grab the blond but only gripping unto air.

"Let me go Skeppy." He muttered, trying to push the boy away.

"W-Who was that?" Skeppy asked.

"Let. Me. Go. Skeppy." Techno said, voice stern like a parents punishing his misbehaving child. He pushed the raven-haired away, who tumbled backwards slamming into a tree. Skeppy let out a gasp, eyes widening, he clearly had not anticipated this. The prince didn't even look back as he rushed after Dream. Determined not to give him any bad ideas. Determined not to let any misunderstanding happen.

-------------------------

Dream had arrived at the castle, easily sneaking past the guards. He really, really wanted to see Techno. To see his smile, his silky pink hair, just Techno would be enough...just a glance. What he didn't expect was to heard his name being called out as he entered the isolated south garden.

"Dream!"

The blond faced George and Sapnap, sighing.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Well...we were curious...Are you here to see Techno?" Sapnap answered adding a question as he spoke. He awed when Dream nodded shyly. " You really like him, don't you?"

Dream froze, looking down he scratched his neck. George frowned, but inside his blood boiled. How dare that peasant try to steal Dream from him. But George knew it wouldn't happen, he wouldn't let it happen.

"Alright, let's go see your lover then!" Sapnap exclaimed grabbing Dream's arm and leading them away.

As they entered the north garden, Dream froze and his breath hitched. A tear pricked at his eyes, threatening to fall, his masked face flashed a hurt smile.

Techno was hugging a small raven-haired boy, who looked at the pinkette with loving eyes. Dream's heart broke in a million pieces as Techno let out a chuckled and buried his face in the raven hair. He couldn't hold himself anymore...he couldn't believe it.

Of course Techno didn't care...

He had moved on...

"Techno...?" He whispered, Dream stared at the prince who now noticed him. The blond rushed off, barely hearing Techno and his friends calling out to him. He did not care about the others following him.

"Dre...-"

He heard...

-------------------------

Techno ran, ran and ran in the direction the blond had gone. Not believing that he had let that happen. He messed up...badly.

He turned the corner, but came to a stop immediately, stepping back he hid behind the wall.

"Dream are you okay?" George's sickly sweet voice said. Techno didn't want to eavesdrop but he couldn't hold himself.

"I'll kill him!" Sapnap's voice rang in his ear, along with soft sobs. His heart shattered when Dream spoke.

"Guys...stop it. Its f-fine. T-Techno and I...there's n-nothing...nothing between us. He's f-free to choose anybody...plus you guys said it yourselves. W-We just m-met..." Dream said voice shaky.

"But I chose you..." Techno whispered. The response of the others blurry in his mind. Did Dream really not care? How could he say there was nothing between them? Was their friendship just a lie? All those years...they were n-nothing?

A muffled sob escaped his shaking figure, he fell on his knees, leaning on the old stone wall. A tear glided down his cheek. He barely heard the rest of the conversation, as he looked down.

"L-Let's go guys. The market awaits us..." Dream mentioned, seemingly having calmed down.

"Lead the way Dreamy!" George's annoying voice squeaked. The rest of their voices now distant as he heard two pairs of footsteps leaving...Two?

"Chin up king, your crown is falling!" Techno glanced up, his eyes met icy blue ones...

Sapnap...?