12. Vittoria

My clenched marble fist collides with Aro’s face. Caught off guard, he receives all of the force influenced by my powerful strike. He slides back a couple of meters, but regains his composure and looks at me angrily.

“You have chosen. You have made a fatal mistake.”  His expression no longer bears infatuation, but betrayal and humiliation. I smirk and attack him again. He charges at me with the same brutal force.

While my feet step one if front another, while my muscles tense up, waiting for the attack, Carlisle death flashes in front of my eyes. Anger and necessity for revenge burn in me and fuel my hatred as I jump into the air prepared to rip Aro to shreds.

I swing my hand back, but instead of a punch, I kick him painfully in the chest. He leans back and falls heavily onto the ground. From the corner of my eye I see Caius charging at me, but Tanya and Kate step in between. I smirk as I return my gaze back to Aro.

He dashes towards me faster than before and I am not able to avoid his blow. He kicks me and I lean forward taken aback by the pain. He grabs my wrists and twists them painfully then hits me. I have enough of time to cover my face with my hands before I’m kicked backwards into the air.

My aching stone body rolls in the mid-air and collides painfully with the cold ground. I stand up quickly, growl painfully and attack Aro once again. I have to destroy him. I must. He smirks and awaits for me, but I extend my hand forward and his smug smile vanishes. His eyes widen as I quickly tug my hand back. Affected by my gift, his stone hard body slides towards me. Instead of hitting him I catch him in my grip and go for the kill.

My marble hands grab his neck and I am about to invoke my gift, but I’m too late. He grabs and twists my hands behind me painfully. While holding my wrists with one hand, he grips my neck and forces my head to look up. I try to tear myself away but to no avail. He laughs dryly as I stop struggling and look ahead.

My eyes bore into the ongoing war in front of me. I look around sorrowfully. Esme, Garret, Eleazar, Amun, Carmen.. I can’t find them.. They are gone.. Bella is surrounded by three Volturi guards. Edward is losing a fight with Demetri. This can’t be the end.. It can’t..

“It’s over.” Aro whispers into my ear and smirks.

Suddenly a huge chasm breaks in the earth. Aro jumps back, surprisingly taking me with him, avoiding the crack. I notice Benjamin and his gift. I look around with a pained expression on my face seeing many vampires perish in the flames erupting from the abyss. My eyes lock on Alec. He lets go of a dead wolf and drops it into the flames.

I can’t perceive which sight damages me more: my dead ally bodies vanishing under the flames or Emmet’s strong hands gripping Alec’s neck. My whole body freezes and my mind goes blank. I can’t think. I can’t move. I can’t piece every frame together. Silence my ears as a blood curdling scream cuts my throat open. My immortal life slowly slips out of my grasp.

A loud crack echoes throughout the field.

A decapitated head collides with the cold ground.

My knees give out at this sight. My heart cleaves into gust of ice ashes. My world perishes into the cold snow bellow my feet and everything ceases to exist. Everything.. but the thirst for revenge. I scream loudly as my body overflows with igneous strength. I rip my wrists away from Aro’s grip, quickly turn around and kick him in the chest. He flies into the air and I charge at him.

But this time, I’m not alone.

Bella tears off the three Volturi vampires and sends them down into the fiery pit. Edward jumps out of the chasm and quickly rips off Demetri’s head. They both notice me and join me in the fight. I quickly look behind my back and observe the battlefield.

Blood sweet delight fills my fibers. Most of the Volturi are already annihilated. Alice and Sam are taking care of Jane. Kate and Tanya surround Caius and snap his head off. Marcus body is already lying on the ground ripped into pieces. Aro is the only one left. He will pay for what he has done. For what he has forced us to do.. And for whom we lost because of him…

Aro jumps onto his feet and knocks Bella into the air sending her straight into Edward. I use this opportunity and gracefully jump onto his shoulders and grab his neck. I growl angrily and tense my muscles ready to root out his head, but he twists me again and smashes my lean body into the ground. Then he charges at the quickly recovering couple. Edward grabs Bella and swings her into the air very fast and repulses Aro’s attack by kicking him to the ground.

Driven by anger and hatred I get up to my feet, look sternly at Aro and invoke my gift. I stretch my hand forward and his tall frame freezes dead into the ground. He moves his red orbs my way and betrays his immense fear, humiliation and defeat. Bella and Edward take a step back allowing me to take care of it once and for all.

Slowly, step by step, with my hand held up, I approach the petrified frame of the Volturi leader. I take my time. I want to savor this feeling of genuine justice. My justice. Because of this man my family was wiped out.  Because of this man I was forced to live my life in secrecy and fear. Because of this man and his unpersuadable want for a battle I lost him.. The one who, without me knowing.. meant the most to me..

With a quick movement of my wrist I turn his head to the battlefield, where his army is being eradicated. I force him to gaze over the ruins of his once powerful coven. I stop a few feet in front of him. I look at him for the last time and smirk. I will finish this with my own hands. I harshly grab his neck and dig my nails into his marble skin. A sound of a cleaving glass fills my ears as my hands root out Aro’s head out of his demonic frame. His body tumbles to the ground, but his head stays in my grip. I stretch my hand to the side and let it roll out of my palm. Aro’s head contends with the ground ending the battle. Bella takes a flaming torch and lights him on fire.

“It’s over...” A weak whisper escapes my lips as the warmness of the flames engulfs me and my prostrate mind.