Will's Protection

Lyra Pov

I'm not sure where I am but I know I'm safe but I only trust Will he's all I can remember but I can't explain this I can't speak or even think straight. Everywhere hurts and I feel empty.

Will Pov

I left everyone up the top to check on Lyra and I saw her sat up staring out the window.

Will- Lyra are you okay

Lyra- ( Thinking) I don't know I feel empty and broke

Will- I can hear your thoughts I know what you want to say and it's okay I'm here I'm sorry I let them get you I really am I promise ill protect you now forever.

Lyra( Thinking) It's okay, Not your fault

Will- It is my fault I saw what they were doing to you there Lyra, you only survived due to the bond.

Lyra (Thinking) Will I don't know what you saw but I'm sorry you had to see that it's my fault I should have shut the bond down.

Will- Why are you apologising I only saw it you lived it now you have to trust me as someone wants to come and see you and help you and help your wounds.

Lyra: (Thinking) Who

Ma Costa: Me Lyra are you okay

She ran towards Lyra and Lyra moved away and I jumped up in front of her and screamed.

Ma Costa Pov:

I was talking to Seraphina and she told me she wanted to try something to see how Will would respond so I listened and I did exactly what she told me.

Will- You can see her but stay back she can't remember anyone and shes terrified.

Ma Costa: I will I promise

I walked down the stairs and did what Seraphine told me to do I ran towards Lyra to hug her but she looked terrified, I expected this but what I didn't expect was Will to jump up in front of her and scream at me and grab me and hold a knife to my throat.

Will- I told you not to run at her, why did you try to attack her

Ma Costa- I didn't Seraphina told me to she wanted to see what you would do ill move away now calm down.

Lyra (Thinking) Will it's okay I'm okay come back pls it hurts

Will- What hurts Lyra

Lyra ( Thinking) My back hurts, please Will help me it's hurting Help me, Help me, Will.

Will- You need to look at her back she says it's hurting her a lot.

Ma Costa: How do you know that shes just sat there

Will: I can hear what she's thinking were connected, do something she's in pain.

Ma Costa: I will but you will have to tell her I need to come near her.

Will Pov

Will- Lyra listen to me okay this is Ma Costa you know her deep down inside you she just wants to help she has before okay can you trust me okay come to me sit here with me.

I sat on the armchair and got Lyra to sit on my lap so she could lean on me but Ma Costa could reach her back.
I didn't know what was going to be there but what I didn't expect was for her back to be littered with scars. She was shaking and trembling.

Will- Your okay Lyra I'm here she's just trying to help you okay

Lyra- (Thinking) I know I can't help Will why can't I help it.

Will- Your going to be okay I promise (Kisses her forehead)

Ma Costa- lots of these are shallow so that's good but one or two are deeper and might leave a scar and could be infected so we need to keep them clean.

Will- Thank you Ma Costa

Ma Costa- It's fine ill bring some food down for you too.

Will- Thank You

Will- Lyra are you okay.

Lyra ( Thinking) I think so I would like to sleep

Will- You can sleep but at least eat something before you do

Lyra (Thinking) Okay Will thank you.