~Chapter Eight~

He's Here
“Hello Tommy,” Techno said to his brother. “Wh-what are you doing here?” Tommy asked him.  Techno was just standing there, looking at him. “Where's Tubbo?” He said. Tommy’s blood ran  cold. Why did he want Tubbo? He knew that Wilbur didn’t like him but why send Techno out to
find him. “Why do you need him?” Tommy said, trying to sound calmer and stronger than he  was. “I’m trying to make sure that both of you dummies are ok,” He said. Tommy stared at him and then he heard footsteps from behind him as Tubbo came out from the back of the cave. He  looked terrified. “Show me around, I mean you guys aren’t living in a cave, right?” Techno  asked. Tommy looked at Tubbo and he nodded.

They brought him to their house and showed  him around. Tommy showed him the alarm systems that he had. “So that's how you knew I was  coming,” he said. “Yeah it’s set up a few miles out so we have plenty of time to get away,”  Tommy said. He was really proud of that. When they were done, they sat down. “Techno, why  did you wanna see around?” Tommy asked. “Because I wanted to see how you guys were  doing out here. You were right, it's not safe out there anymore. You guys are safer out here,”  Tommy just stared at him.

“Y-you aren’t making us go back?” Techno shook his head. “Wilburs  gone insane. He’s actually going to blow it up, Tommy. He’s gone,” Tommy looked down. He  couldn’t help thinking that maybe he helped him to go over the edge. Like he was holding on  and when he left, he fell. Techno looked out the window as the sun was rising. “I should probably be getting back,” he said. Tommy nodded. “I’ll tell him that I didn’t find you guys,”  Tommy looked up at his brother. “Thank you,” he said and Techno nodded as he left out the door. Tommy didn’t care that it was morning, he was exhausted. He went and laid down on his  bed. As soon as he closed his eyes, he was out cold.

Wilbur’s POV
“You didn’t find him?!” Wilbur said. He was shaking. “Yeah, I didn’t find him,” Wilbur looked at  him. “Are you lying to me, Techno?” he said calmly. Too calm. “What? Wilbur, why would I lie?”  Wilbur looked down at the ground. “Answer the question,” he looked back at him with no  emotion. “No,” Techno said. “Yes you are! You’re lying to me!” Wilbur yelled at him before running at him with his sword. Techno easily stopped him. “Wilbur, you’ve truly gone insane,” he  just stared at Techno. He’s betraying you too. Just like Tommy. Wilbur slumped back and looked down at the ground.

“Go,” he said. Techno stood there. Wilbur looked at him. “Go!” he yelled before Techno stepped back and went out. Wilbur went to the button room and sat down, thinking. Wilbur sat there for a while, he didn’t know how long. Then he heard footsteps. “Techno what do you want?” he said angrily. "Wil?” He jolted up. “Phil?” He saw him walking  down the hall. “Wilbur, what is this place?” He said while he looked at the scribblings on the wall  with a concerned look on his face.

“Oh it’s nothing,” he said smiling a little. He continued “Now, about Tommy,” and he told Phil about how Tommy had run away with Tubbo while walking back  to Pogtopia. “I’ll go find him, I just need to rest a bit,” Wilbur led him to a bed where he could sleep before heading out to find Tommy. Wilbur smiled. It was almost time.

Tommy's POV
Now that they knew that the cave didn’t work the best as a hiding place, they thought about different things to do if they needed to hide. “What about a basement?” Tubbo said. “Yes! That's perfect!” Tommy said back. They spent the rest of the day working on a basement full of food and water, just in case someone tried to find them again. By the time that they were done it was dark so they ate a bit of food and went to sleep.

Tommy woke up a few hours later to wings flapping. He went over to Tubbo and woke him up. They looked at each other and ran down to the basement as quiet and quick as they could. Right as they shut the trap door on the floor, they heard the wings stop as there was a light thump. They huddled in the corner while trying to be as quiet as they could. The only light that they had was a dying torch that Tommy brought with them.

Then, they heard footsteps start. They go louder and louder until they were right overhead. Tommy and Tubbo were shaking. And then the footsteps stopped. Fuck fuck fuck we can’t go back now. Then they started again, this time only for a few seconds. Then, things were moving upstairs. They were looking around their home. They were looking for where they were hiding.

When Tommy heard the footsteps at the other side of the house, he quickly whispered to Tubbo “Tubbo, I think it’s Dad,” he said. Tubbo thought about it before nodding his head. Phil didn’t leave for a while. After a little while they had calmed down. I mean, he probably wouldn’t find them if it had taken him this long.

Eventually, they got so tired that they just fell asleep while Phil looked around their house upstairs. When they woke up, there were no more footsteps or things moving around but they stayed down stairs for a little while longer, just in case.

When they went up, they saw photos that they had brought with them all around the house. Tommy picked one of them and looked at it. It was a photo of Wilbur and Tommy at L’Manberg before the election. How he missed that.

As he and Tubbo cleaned up, he looked at some more photos, he thought about more memories he had, especially with Wilbur. “Hey Tubbo, wh-what if we snuck back, just to see how everyones doing, then we come back,” Tommy said. Tubbo stopped cleaning for a second. “I think that would be nice,” Tubbo said nodding.

They decided that the next morning they would head out and spent that day gathering things that they would need for the trip. As Tommy went to sleep that night, he thought about seeing Wilbur again. Even though Techno said he had gotten worse, he still wanted to see him.

As Tommy went to sleep that night, he thought about old memories he had with Wilbur. When Tommy and Tubbo woke up, they got dressed and started going back. After a good few hours, they started recognising buildings. They were getting closer.

Soon, they saw some of the towers in the distance. Tears started building up in Tommy’s eyes. He had missed this so much. They ran over to L’Manberg and saw a huge group of people near the podium. Tommy was confused but him and Tubbo sat down and watched to see what was happening. Then, the ground started to rumble as L’Manberg blew up. Tommy was thrown around as pieces of the ground and debris from buildings was whipped around him.

By the time it stopped, Tommy couldn’t hear anything. As realization set in, he started looking for Tubbo. Soon, he saw him moving over to Tommy. Thankfully, neither of them were stuck under anything. They look up towards the podium, or what used to be, as Phil killed Wilbur. Tommy watched as tears fell from his face.

“Hey!” they heard someone yell. “Is that Tommy and Tubbo?” Tommy and Tubbo both jolted up and ran. They ran as fast as they could. They almost tripped running through the rubble but once they got out, it was much easier. "Tommy! Tubbo! Stop!” They heard Dream yell.

Then, Tommy tripped. Tubbo stopped running to help him up but it was enough time for Dream to catch up to them. Fuck. “Dream, listen man, please just leave us be,” Tommy asked him. “Please,”

Dream laughed “And why would I do that, Tommy? If I don’t let you two go, do you know how much power that would give me? I would have the upper hand. So no, I won’t let you two go back to wherever you ran off to, it just wouldn’t be in my best interest,” Dream said, smiling “Now I’m going to need both of you to follow me,” he said, pointing his crossbow at both of them. Tommy and Tubbo reluctantly got up and followed Dream.