He Who Waits, Hesitates

-Japanese Empire POV-
_________________________________________

-1945-

Pain.

Everything is pain.

What is going to happen?

I'm still needed.

I will not die.

_________________________________________

A light seeped through my eyelids.

I could see the outlines of a white room begin to form around me.

My eyes wandered down to my body, I could see an IV in my arm, And other wires attached to a monitor.

I looked over to a door nearby, it wasn't locked.

I looked towards the other side.

A window was there, unlocked too.

I tried to lift myself up only to manage a sitting up position.

'I'm not going to be able to make it out if I can barely move'

Suddenly the door was flung open and the one and only star spangled banner boy was there.

"Jay, I didn't expect you up this early, all things considered..."

He used the ridiculous nickname he always called me.

"So what? You're not even going to say out loud what you did to Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and me?" I replied trying to lift my shoulders up.

"I'm aware of what I did and the consequences of my actions, but for now you are under my protection and care." He said closing the door and walking over towards the bed I was on.

"What did you do to my boy?" I spat.

"He is also under my care."

I paused out of shock.

"What? You have defeated me? Shouldn't you have killed him since my land is yours?"

"I don't want your land Jay, I didn't want it to come to this at all," he paused and sighed, "you don't have long to teach him what he needs to be a great country." America grabbed the side of the bed and looked down at me.

"I-i," I swallowed quietly, "why don't I have long?" I finished.

"I don't know how to say this kindly but, the radiation from the blast is slowly killing you currently."

I felt tears fall down my cheeks.

A sudden warmth engulfed my hand and I say America was holding my hand.

"Jay, I'm sorry. I never wanted any of this, I know we don't have good history together but can we at least try to make some now?" America said with more emotion than I've ever heard from the serious country.

"I guess it's what we can do... for now."

_________________________________________
-3rd POV-
____________________modern time________

"Interesting way to wake up don't you think?" Confederate asked the one-spot country.

"You're not in the position to ask questions." Japan answered looking across the room at the tied up country.