Chapter 12

Robin

"So, something you should know about Robin is that if she calls you names that's just her way of saying she likes you." Dustin explained as they entered starcourt mall. Once they had gotten done at Benny's the group decided it was time to introduce El to Robin, which made El a little bit nervous. She had already met so many new people today she didn't know if she could handle it anymore.

"Yeah, and she's also very sarcastic, so don't let anything she's says offend you." Max said from the front turning around to face El. "She really means no harm."

"Okay." El replied from beside Mike, who elbowed her gently and gave her a small, reassuring smile. One she gratefully returned.

The group led her through the mall and pass many people. At one point a big group of girls came by and Mike grabbed El's hand to make sure she stays close and doesn't get lost.

They turned into an shop called Scoops Ahoy, which seemed like a ice cream parlor as El looked around more.

"This is our favorite place to come to." Mike explained giving El's hand a tiny squeeze.

"It's our favorite for two reasons." Will continued from the other side of her. "Robin works here so she gives us free ice cream. And another reason is that it has the perfect way to sneak into the movies."

"We do it all the time." Mike finished making El giggle. It made Mike's heart flutter once again as he led her to the counter with the rest of the party.

An older teenage girl with short hair stood on the other side of the counter in a sailors uniform, looking quite bored with her job. She looked over at the group and rolled her eyes at the sight of them.

"So," Robin said looking over the group. "What's it going to be today?"

"Ice cream." Everyone other than El replied back. 

Robin chuckled to herself before grabbing an ice cream cone an a scooper. She looked back at the group and that's when her eyes landed on El. "Who's your friend?" Robin asked in a sing-song voice.

"This is El." Max said pulling her new friend up to the front making Mike's hand leave El's. Max put her arm through El's arm and looked back at Robin with a smile. "She's from Chicago. She came her for Mike's surprise birthday party."

Realization clicked on Robin face before she turned to Mike quickly. "Oh yeah. Surprise, happy birthday." She stated plainly before turning back to El. "Do you want ice cream too?"

"Uhh...s-sure." El stuttered, she hated being put on the spot, she always got worried she was going to say the wrong thing. Robin didn't pay any attention to it her nervousness though, she just started scooping the usual ice cream flavors the party ate.

Once everyone else had ice cream looked at her again and asked, "What do you want?"

"Um... chocolate please." El stated the first flavor that came to her mind.

After everyone had their ice cream, everyone went to sit at a booth including Robin, who told her coworker that she was going on break. They all sat around enjoying the ice cream in peaceful silence until Robin decided to ask El some questions.

"So, how do you know these dinguses?" Robin nodded her head towards the rest of the group.

"She was my pen pal for that project Dustin complained about to you." Mike said tilting his ice cream in Dustin's direction.

"I did not compl-" Dustin started to argue.

"You complained." Robin interrupted fully remembering his hour long rant to her about not getting a letter back. She looked turned toward Mike's and furrowed her brows. "How much you didn't tell me you got a response?"

"Probably because he never stopped talking about it with us and he got tired of talking." Max muttered sarcastically. Mike gave her a what the hell look in response.

"Whether that's the reason or not. Thank you for not being as annoying as them." She looks over the rest of them wanting to see if they have a reaction.

"Oh come on." Lucas smiled smugly. "You know you love us. And we know it too."

"I'm going back to work now." She stated standing up. "Nice meeting you, Belle."

El looked at the group after Robin left. She had confusion written all over her face. "Did she just say what I thought she said?"

"She'll get your name wrong the first few times. The more you correct her the better she'll get at remembering." Will explained.

"It happened to all of us." Max nodded her head.

"Really?" El's eyes widened.

"Yup." Dustin smiled. "She called me Justin."

"Bill." Will raised his hand slightly.

"Jax." Max held back laughter.

"Lewis." Lucas smiled.

"Mick." Mike finished looking at El.

El started laughing at a memory that came up with the name. "My dad called you that." She said to Mike, who was sitting beside her. He started laughing to because her laughter was infectious.

It didn't take too long for the rest of the table to join in as well. Just friends having a good laugh together.

Authors note
I'm baaaaaaaaacccckkkkk!!! No promises on when I'm updating this story next.

Love ya ❤️❤️❤️