Chapter thirteen: Girls night out

ASHLEES VEIW;
I walked to the courtyard slowly the next morning. I found Becca sitting cross legged on the damp stone. "Good morning." I said as I sat next to her. "Hey." She said without looking at me. "You looked stressed." I stated. "Im just thinking."
"About?"

"The war."

"Ah war..... so terrible yet, so..... exiting."

"I think I'm going to die."

"Don't say such things." I said as I put my hand on her shoulder. "I've been tortured....." She said quietly. "Tell me." I said. She sighed.
"I was born in Georgia. My parents left me on a doorstep of an orphanage. When I was about five years old I discovered my powers, This woman that "took care" of me saw my powers and sent me away. Once again I was in an orphanage, bit this one was so much more strict. I kept my powers hidden until I was thirteen. Then I was sent to a science lab. They poked me, Stabbed me, cut me open, asked me questions, and made me feel like trash. One day I escaped. Because I heard them talking about this brainwash thing called, T.A.H.I.T.Y. I quickly came up with a plan to escape and I did so. I killed most of the guards with my powers. All I remember after I escaped was a bright light, then I was in an apartment. I lived there until I was 23. Then I was transported here."
I felt so bad for her. I put my arm around her and hugged her. For some reason I felt guilty. "I'm sorry....so sorry." I said quietly. "It's fine...really." She said. I knew she was about to cry. "Hey!" I said to get her mind of it. "Theres a ball coming up! Let's go to the village and get you a new dress!"
We walked to the village. It was crowded but we managed. "Cute little place, isn't it?" I asked. Becca nodded. "Look!" I said as I pulled her to the nearest dress shop. "Come on! Let's go look at some dresses!" I tried to be as cheerful as I could.
I walked inside, Becca close behind me. BECCAS VEIW;
"Good morning lady's!" A sweet voice greeted us as we walked though the door of the dress shop. There was a skinny girl with red hair and glasses behind a old counter. "Good morning!" Ashlee says as she waved her hand vigorously. Why so exited?
We walked around the small shop. There where so many Asgaurdian dresses. "Oooo! Look at this one!" Ashlee said as she pulled a pink dress off the wooden rack. It was so...ugly. "WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING?!" A familiar voice said as the door to the door to the shop opened. It was Sif. "I was looking for you two! You're going dress shopping without me?! I've never been the one for dresses, BUT STILL!" We laughed at Sif, and she joined in. Sif and Ashlee where wearing okay looking dresses to go out in the village in, so was I.
We scanned the dresses and laughed at some of them. We where the only ones in the store other than the skinny woman at the counter.
"OH MY GOODNESS GUYS LOOK!!" Ashlee yelled. We walked over to her and she was holding a dress and she had a big smile on her face. "I LOVE IT!" She yelled. The dress was the pouffiest dress in the whole store. It was sky blue with sequins on the breast area and flowers down to the hips. "It's nice." Sif said quickly. "Nice?! It's amazing! I love it!! This is the most prettiest dress ever!" She yelled again in her strong Scottish accent. "How much is it?" I asked. The young skinny girl yelled across the store to us, "TEN SHILLINGS!" Ashlee's mouth fell open. "Ten?! Ten bloody shillings?!" she sighed. The skinny girl groaned and quickly walked over to us. She was short and young, she looked about seventeen. "Listen." She whispered, "I'll let you girls buy your dresses for half the price. Only if you don't tell my boss, and also because this girl right here is new to the village." We nodded. "Thank you!" Ashlee yelled. She was so happy. Why? The red headed girl nodded, sighed, and walked back to her counter.
Ashlee and her dress where like two peas in a pod. She refused to set the dress down "just in case". I couldn't find my perfect dress and nether could Sif, but we kept looking. We spent a good thirty minutes in that store until Sif found her perfect dress. It had a diamond flower strap that went across her shoulder. It also had black that went down to her middle and the rest was a really light green. "That one is twelve shillings!" That skinny girl yelled to us. So we (I) did the math. That was six shillings. We looked some more until I heard Sif yell to me from across the store, "Becca! This would look lovely on you!" I quickly walked over to her.
She was holding up a purple dress that was so long that it went to the floor. It had ruffles down to my waist and the rest was a beautiful silk. It also had jewels in the top area of the dress with a line of jewels that went down to my hip. Then I noticed something, the dress had a slit in it so you could see a little bit of my leg. "I like it." I said as Sif handed me the dress. "That one is twenty nine shillings!" That skinny girl yelled once more.
"You owe me twenty five shillings." The red headed girl said as she held out her hand. Sif pulled out a little bag and handed her the money. Suddenly we heard someone stomping to the door of the back room. It opened to hard that it made a dent in the wall. "WHATTTT?!" A very chubby red haired woman with braids screamed. "M-m- mother!" The skinny girl said as she pushed up her glasses and quickly stuck the shillings in her back pocket. "THESE DRESSES COST MORE THAN THAT!!" The fat woman yelled as she stormed over to her daughter and grabbed a handful of her hair. "HEY!" I yelled. "DONT HANDLE THIS SWEET GIRL LIKE THAT!!" I screamed. "Oh really? AND WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?!" The fat woman screamed. Sif and Ashlee stepped back a little because they knew what was coming. "Im going to do this." I said as my hair burst into flames, my blue eyes turned red, and balls of fire appeared in my hands. The fat woman gasped and let go of her daughters hair. "W-what are you?!" She asked. She was terrified. Then she fainted. I calmed myself and so did my powers. I looked at the red headed skinny girl. Her mouth was hanging open. "Wow..." she whispered. "T- thanks." she said as she looked at her fainted mother and smiled. "No problem." I replied as I smiled at her. "What's your name?" She asked me. "Becca, and what's yours?" I asked. "Lily. My name is Lily."
We walked out of the store. Dresses in hand. I looked at the big clock that was in the middle of the village square. "Three ten." I said, I guess to myself. "I don't want to mess up our dresses. So let's go put them in our rooms and continue our girls day." I said to them. They smiled.
We laughed as we walked though the golden gates of the castle and into the golden halls. Loki suddenly ran up to me. "We have to train! Where have you been?!" I laughed. "I'm hanging out with my friends today." I said simply. Loki rolled his eyes and walked away.
Once we carefully put our dresses in our chambers we went back to the village. "Look!" Sif said as she pointed to a small cart. We walked over to it. It was filled with a bunch of leather accessories. I looked at the person running the little cart. He was our age with messy blonde hair and green eyes. "Good afternoon lady's. My name is Oliver. How may I help you?" He said all of this as he kept his eyes on Ashlee. Ashlee giggled. "We are just looking." Sif said quickly. "Are you going to the ball next week?" Ashlee asked suddenly. Oliver smiled. "Indeed I am... may I ask if you would like to accompany me?" Ashlee smiled the biggest smile ever. "I would love that." Sif rolled her eyes. "Come on Ashlee!" She said as she dragged her away. I followed. Ashlee started to laugh, she was so happy.
It was now six thirty and the sun was a little low in the sky. "Where to next?" Sif asked us. "Theres another shop nearby. It sells animals." Ashlee said. "Animals? Why in the nine realms would we need an animal?!" Sif asked as she raised an eyebrow. "I don't know! Well Becca is from Midgaurd so she might like to see the animals that live here." Ashlee replied. I just stood there for a second watching them argue. I began to think. Odin trusted me...... even though I tried to kill his son... he trusted me. I guess he understood that I was scared. "ASHLEE! We are going back to the palace!" Sif yelled. "It's almost dinner time and I'm starving!" I agreed and Ashlee sighed and followed us back to the golden castle. This was by far one of the best days that I've had in a long time.