Chapter Eight: Tyrannoceratops

Anna was standing over a dinosaur's corpse.
    "You know," Jack taunted, "You have some really terrified-sounding screams of victory." He stopped talking when he noticed that Anna still had her sword.
"We really should get going," I said
"Yeah, we should," Jack agreed.
We started our way back without any interruptions. We got back to the bunker and we went inside. It was five in the morning.
"Guess there goes our night," Jack said sarcastically. We went inside and Lindsay started to make breakfast. She made bacon, grits, and eggs. Somehow, Turtle survived.
"How did the turtle survive?!" I yelled.
Turtle was happy and healthy. It seemed like he smiled at me.
It was about nine in the morning when we heard footsteps in the forest. I was alone. Jack was practicing with his sword, and Lindsay was having bow practice with Bob.
The footsteps weren't normal, so it sounded like a T-rex, but there were no rexes on the island. I was a bit confused. Then, horns came out of the forest near Lindsay. I finally saw this creature. It was a Tyrannosaurus Rex the size of a Triceratops with Triceratops horns as long as I was tall.
"Lindsay. Don't move," I said as she held her bow. She must have seen the creature as well because she froze.
"What is that?" Lindsay asked quietly as she slowly pointed her bow at the dinosaur. She shot it in the eye. The creature roared in agony as it charged at us. We both barely dodged it. Jack must have heard it roar because he ran behind the bunker, not hiding well. The creature saw him and walked slowly towards him.
"Come to Papa," he said while he ran back around the bunker. Jack stabbed its forehead, right between its biggest horns. It roared and bucked, and Jack flew into the air right next to us.
"Aahhh!!" Jack screamed as he fell.
"That dinosaur... it's called the Tyrannoceratops. A T-rex and Triceratops hybrid. One of the forty-two hybrids on this island. It's extremely dangerous, one of the most dangerous on the island," Jack said. The Tyrannoceratops faced the bunker and looked into Anna's room. It senses our scent! I thought. I saw the dinosaur bite down on the side of the bunker. Bob jumped up onto the Tyrannoceratops and was thrown off.
"Bob!" Lindsay screamed.
"Shush, Lindsay! It's going to spot us!" I whisper-yelled.
"The bunker... it will be destroyed," I said as the Tyrannoceratops attacked the metal walls again.
    "Leave it, Kyle. We will create another one," Jack said to comfort me. Jack suddenly ran inside the nearly destroyed bunker. I couldn't see what happened there, but he ran out with Turtle!
    "Are you serious? Turtle? Why did you come out with him instead of anything else?" I said, confused. Anna was in the garden playing with Sweetheart when this all happened. But Bob... was still out on the ground. 
"Bob!" I yelled. He still wasn't moving. The Tyrannoceratops looked at us.
"You tell me not to yell, but it's perfectly fine if you do? How does that make sense?!" Lindsay demanded.
"You have to understand that-"
"Oh, I understand everything you're trying to tell me!" Lindsay said sarcastically as she cut me off.
"Okay, just stop arguing!" Jack yelled. We realized that the Tyrannoceratops was twenty feet in front of us.
"Oh-no," I said as the Tyrannoceratops charged at us.
"Scatter!" Lindsay whisper-yelled and we all went into different directions. I went left, Lindsay went right, and Jack slid under the Tyrannoceratops. Jack unsheathed his sword and Lindsay and I pulled out our bows. I had added to Jack's supply of weapons.
"Jack! The shield!" I yelled.
"Whatever you say!" He yelled back. He pulled out his shield, which had been folded into a smaller area to conserve space and make it easier to carry.
"Nice," Jack said. "Let's deal with this Tyrannoceratops!"