Chapter Seven: Hybrid Death

We were on a search for Anna, and we were going as fast as we could towards Jurassic Kingdom. We made it about five minutes after we left. The time soon came that Jack and Lindsay stopped, and out came somebody that I wished never to see again: Alex.
"The time has come to end this. Right now. Right here in the middle of the park," Alex said.
"That's your cue," Alex whispered to something off to the side. A velociraptor as big as the Indoraptor was before it died appears.
Suddenly, Bob showed up, and, if it weren't so terrifying, watching something the size of a chicken attacking a huge dino would have been kind of funny. Crazier yet: Bob was winning.
Then the velociraptor had no eyes.
I'm just going to say now, I love Bob.
I ran over and tried to tackle the dang dinosaur.
I pulled out my knife, and I stabbed it in the neck.
I fell back and let Jack deliver the final blow.
He grabbed his pen.
He uncapped it.
It turned into a sword.
He drove it through the ancient lizard's back.
The screams of agony were terrible. I rushed over to Bob and cradled him in my arms. Poor thing.
Lindsay rushed over, and I gave Bob to her.
"Oh, my sweet, brave little guy," she cooed. "You saved us all,"
"Bob, or Jack?" I quipped.
"Shut up! I guess they're both brave, but I did say sweet. And little,"
"Yeah, you're right. Jack isn't the least bit 'sweet'. Bob's braver, too,"
"I'm right here. I can hear you!" Jack yelled back.
I put on a funny baby voice and started to talk to Alex, "Well, are you going to run, now that your masterful creation is destroyed? Why are you so grumpy? Did your mommy forget to pack your itty-bitty lunch in your itty-bitty lunch box?"
Alex was fuming! It was hilarious!
"You think that was everything I have. Nope. Come here, my creation," Alex said. Then, the deadly dino came from behind him.
"That was only a tiny tidbit of what I can create. Experience the ultimate creation!" Alex yelled. Then, a dino, like Bob but smaller, came out of the woods. We burst out laughing.
"Hey, little guy!" Lindsay murmured, "You don't really want to fight us, do you?"
She got a treat out of her pocket and handed it to the little dinosaur.
It gently takes the snack out of her hand, and, instead of attacking us, starts to purr and rub itself against her leg like a cat.
"There we go! Why don't you convince the mean man over there to stop making you fight."
The little dinosaur started getting bigger, growing spines and showing teeth the size of knives.
    "You thought this would be easy. Well, you thought wrong," Alex bragged. "My amazing creature will end the world!"
The not-so-little dinosaur turns... to his creator!
Let's just say that Alex never bragged again.
The dino shrank again, and he climbed up next to Bob on Lindsay's shoulder.
"What should we name him?" Lindsay asked.
"I don't know. Jack, what do you think?"
"I mean, you did defeat the other one."
"Let's name him... Turtle. Just kidding. Let's name him Sweetheart. For Lindsay's sake," Jack suggested.
"Perfect," I said.
"Thank you," said Lindsay. "But would anyone else like to take care of Sweetheart? He kind of scares me,"
"I'll take care of him," I volunteered. "Then I'll fit in with the rest of you pet owners."
"We still need to find Anna. It's still two in the morning. This is a dangerous place for any human," Jack said.
"You're right," Lindsay agreed, "We should get going before some dinosaur hears us."
"We don't want any more hybrids on our trail," Jack said.
"Wait, more hybrids?" I said, confused.
"Yes. Like forty-two other hybrids on this island. We have to find her," Jack said.
"Oh no," I said.
    "Forty... two...?" Lindsay moaned.
"Ughh...," groaned Jack.
"Well, Let's get going, if there will be any chance of seeing Anna again," I encouraged.
We all headed out into the great unknown.
Before long we heard screams... Anna's screams.
We all rushed towards the sound, and none of us could believe what we saw.