Chapter Twenty-One: To Be Continued

We saw the helicopter on the roof of the other building. Lindsay kept looking at the body and crying.
"Please, Jack. Please survive," She kept saying over and over again.
"He's not alive, Lindsay. We have to go. The helicopter will leave soon," I said, stating the facts to her.
"He has to be! There's no way he could have died!" Lindsay yelled at me. Bob and Luna jumped on me and tried to pin me to the ground so Lindsay could run off.
"Lindsay! We need to go to the helicopter before it leaves!" I yelled to her. I saw her stop running and turn around to me.
"He is DEAD!!" Lindsay screamed at me.
"Yes, Lindsay. He is dead. You can't let that ruin your life!" I yelled back to her.
"Kyle, I don't think you understand that I loved him!" She yelled at me again. Then Anna bleeped in.
"Guys, I'm heading back to the center. Tell the pilot to wait for me," She said through the radio.
"Okay. We'll be there," I replied and ushered Lindsay to come with me.
We got on the helicopter. Anna was already inside.
"Where is Jack?" She asked.
"Dead," I replied. She stood in shock as Lindsay started crying again. The pilot turned around and had a happy look on his face.
"You guys survived two years on an abandoned island with hybrids,"
We all turned to glare at him.
"Our friend just DIED!" Anna yelled at him.
"Sorry, jeez," he replied to her. We started to ascend.
I saw something in the distance as we were flying over the island. A speck. I didn't think much of it at the time.
Then, a few minutes later, I looked at it again. I was starting to get concerned when it turned into the twenty-foot-tall Giganotosaurus chasing someone.
Jack! He was alive! Lindsay started to cry just seeing him alive.
"Come on, Jack!" I screamed. The helicopter pilot didn't notice Jack, so he continued on his course. Jack ran even faster than the time I told him that the FBI was coming to get him. I looked around for anything that could save him from being eaten by a dinosaur. I speed-walked around and couldn't find anything.
Lindsay screamed, "RUN!!"
He ran faster and faster. We were over thirty feet off the ground. I kept looking around, but couldn't find anything that would help our situation. I was left with no choice but to tell the pilot. I learned in kindergarten that if you distracted anyone flying a plane, it could get dangerous, and you could get injured. I ran to the cockpit and tapped his shoulder gently as if I were asking a girl to dance with me.
He turned around and looked at me. I told him what was going on, and he told me that he could fly as low as he could for as long as possible. He gave me a rope that was under his seat. I grabbed the rope and ran to where the others were.
"Jack! Hang on a little longer!" I yelled.
"I'll try!" Jack yelled back. I could tell he was slowing down, running out of energy. I grabbed the rope, then I realized there was a huge knot in it.
"Oh no! Anna! I need your dagger!" I yelled and she threw me her dagger. We didn't care about safety then.
"Kids! I'm about to run into the forest! You need to get him up here!" The pilot yelled. I tried to cut the part that was tied, but it wouldn't budge.
"Shoot!" I yelled, cutting it fiercely.
"Guys! I'm... running... out of... breath!!" Jack yelled. Finally, the rope broke and it was dropped next to Jack. He jumped onto the rope, but the Giganotosaurus bit at the end of the rope, making the helicopter go haywire.
"Hold on, kid!" The pilot yelled at Jack. I reached out my hand to try and get him. He did the same, but he fell and was barely hanging on to the rope.
As a last resort, I threw Anna's dagger at the Giganotosaurus, and we pulled Jack up. Anna and I hugged him. We were so glad he was alive! Lindsay kissed him on the lips.
"Glad you're alive," she said to him with a smile. "But how is it possible?"
He told us that there was a little crack between the fan and the wall. He slipped down onto it and survived. He saw the copter and ran towards it. The giganotosaurus found him and chased him.
"I promised to hunt that thing down until it died. By the way, what's your name?" Jack asked the pilot.
"Rick. Rick Hard," He replied, and Jack grinned.
"Do you repeat yourself a lot?" Jack asked.
"Don't-" Rick tried to say.
"Cause if you did you'd sound like a broken Rick Hard!" Jack burst out guffawing, as did Lindsay. I shook my head but couldn't help laughing too. Even Anna started giggling. Though trying not to, Rick was chuckling along with us.
Now, we were flying off into who knows where. We just hope to stick together and never ever split up again. That's it.
Then, all of a sudden, everything started spinning, and it felt like the world stopped. Jack held onto Lindsay as we went down. The helicopter came crashing to earth, and we saw a tall, black, dinosaur-like figure. It had huge black horns and a scorpion tail. It was at least sixteen feet tall. I leaned my head up to get a better look at it, and it started coming towards me. It sniffed me a couple of times, but then it left. What happened next changed my life forever.