Chapter One: Welcome to the Island (Lindsay)

Hey. I'm Lindsay Sparrow. I'm just going to get straight to the point of this chapter. It all began at school, like Kyle's and Jack's beginnings. Anyway, the bell had just rung and we were all going home on the last day of school. I got on my bus and started working on a story about a couple of kids getting trapped in the hallway during a lockdown. Yeah, I'm a writer. I'll have ideas in the middle of class and start jotting down outlines.
I got home and went right up to my room to grab my stuff and to leave for my journey to Jurassic Kingdom, or the newest park since Jurassic World in 2015. Only this time, there were a lot more hybrids. My parents had recently died in a fire that destroyed my entire home. I was taken in by my uncle and aunt on Dad's side because I knew them very well and often visited them over the summer.
My first day, they took me to Sonic. As we were walking out of our car, another car came from nowhere and hit everyone but me at over 100 miles per hour. They both died immediately, and I was taken into the care of my grandmother, but she soon died because of heart failure. And yes, my life was pretty awful then. I was put into adoption because the rest of my family thought I was a bad luck charm, or whatever other excuses they could come up with. Another family - the Sparrows - adopted me and that's where we are now. The mom and dad were okay, but I felt very protective of my new little brother.
"You almost finished packing Lindsay?" My foster mom, Heather, shouted up to me.
"Almost!" I yelled back. I came rushing down, and Heather was standing at the door. My foster dad, Mike, was already in the car with my five-year-old foster brother, Nathan, and had the car running.
"We don't have all day!" Mike yelled at us. I rushed to the car, and we started driving after I threw in my suitcase.
We made it to the boat, and Nathan ripped off his seat belt and ran for the line of people waiting to get on the boat.
"Hold on, Nathan. We have to get everything out of the car," Heather tried to tell him, but he was already gone. We all laughed as we got everything out of the car. Nathan had raced into the water, then jumped out, shouting, "Cold! Cold! It's really, really cold!"
We stood in line for a good hour before the boat actually arrived, after dropping off the people that had traveled before us. Nathan sprinted onto the boat, and I followed him closely. When I caught him, I realized that I couldn't find Mike or Heather.
"Mom! Dad!" I called out. I wasn't actually allowed to call them Heather and Mike.
No answer.
"Mommy! Daddy!" Nathan screeched. When nobody replied, he turned to me. "I want Mommy. Now!" He tugged on my shirt.
I bit my lip and glanced around. There was still no sign of them! I admit that I started to freak out.
"Stay here," I told him. Of course, Nathan didn't listen. He ran to the boat's stairs and, since we were on the top deck, fell down them.
I sighed, rolled my eyes, and followed him. By the time I got down a flight of stairs, he was gone. I listened closely, not bothering to call out for my brother. He was so loud that I heard him immediately. I walked towards him.
When I reached him, I realized that he had found Mike and Heather, who had been in a frenzy looking for us.
"Lindsay! Where have you been?" Heather demanded.
"Looking for you!"
She glared at me. I glared back. After a sort of staring contest (which I won, just saying), I turned on my heel and stormed off. I didn't see my foster family for the rest of the boat ride. It was wonderful.
Anyway, we arrived at the island. Kyle probably told you already what happened next, but my encounter with the Indosagathus was a little different. I got off of the boat and went to the hotel. It was evening, so we got some dinner at a brand new restaurant they had just built. It was a place called "Dino Dike's Pizza" or some random thing like that. We went outside and then... BAM! A giant explosion shook the ground. I looked up and saw about a hundred bird-like dinosaurs flying in the sky. One of them picked up my foster dad, and another picked up my foster mom. Then, one picked up Nathan and flew away. I started screaming his name, but he was gone...
"Nathan!!!" I yelled for him. Some sort of  bird-like dinosaur swooped down, snatched me up, and lifted me about seventy feet in the air before dropping me in a tree. I climbed down as fast as I could and ran, faster than I had ever before.
I was running and BAM! I collided with a kid, and we both stumbled.
"What are you doing here?! It's not safe!" I yelled, pulling him along with me. I climbed to the top of the visitor center with him and told him to jump. Before I could jump, I was snatched up by an Alanqa. It dropped me in a field of grass and knocked me out. When I woke up, it had been a few hours and the daylight faded back into the park. I came running through the woods and found the kid. Kyle told you the rest.