Prolouge

It was a dark and stormy night. That is how most dinosaur stories start, isn't it?
No? Well, this one does. My name is Jack Silvercauther. You may or may not know me. If you don't, then hello, how is your day today? Well, anyway, if you read this, your day may not be so good.
Ok, you are still here. Go away.
No? Okay then. Let us begin.
It was a dark and stormy night, and 54-year-old Richard Backslid was working on an embryo, a dinosaur embryo, a hybrid dinosaur embryo. The creature was going to be called the Indosougatus, but there was a different twist. Just hold on; it's coming. Richard was with his friend, the 36-year-old Bob Whati.
"I need something to eat," Bob said.
"Yeah, you're right," Richard said. They left. About five minutes passed, and nothing strange happened. Then, suddenly, a strike of lightning struck the top of the building, making the entire room shake and become electrified. When Bob and Richard came back inside, they saw something terrible: the embryo was gone, and there was nothing but some ash where it had been.
"Noooo!!!" Richard screamed. They had been working on this embryo for months! It was terrible, almost painful, for them to watch it be blown to pieces. Then something moved from the corner of Richard's eye.
"Holy crud," Richard said, a blend of curious and frightened. The men watched the creature disappear behind an old podium. Was it gone? Nope. The creature creeped out from the side of the podium. White-hot sparks were flying from its mouth.
"What the-" Bob was cut off when the creature lunged at him, biting him, as well as electrocuting him. Bob screamed in agony and slowly died. His lifeless body toppled to the ground. Richard was paralyzed with fear, clueless as to what he should do next. Should I run? He wondered. The creature stared at him intently. Then, the spikes on the back of its head rose. The creature hissed, and it jumped onto Richard.
"Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!" Richard screamed. He moaned in pain as the creature ripped him to shreds. His voice was never heard again.
Officials soon came and captured the creature. It was taken to another lab on the island where it was studied closely. They found out that it had been electrocuted, not killed, and instead given an electric power. The island was closed for two whole years, but soon re-opened. That's where my story comes in. I told you, you should have put this book down before. I hope you're ready for what lies ahead.