Chapter Two: The Beginning

Jack here.
After I got inside the bunker, I got to actually look at the kids giving me shelter. They were about my age. The girl was armed with a wooden bow, which she didn't put down until they realized I wasn't a threat. The boy had a book bag that had a rifle, shotgun, and another gun I didn't recognize poking out. He seemed more relaxed than the girl. They introduced themselves. The girl's name was Lindsay. The one with all of the guns was Kyle. He sat in a corner next to a sander. He pressed the pedal on the floor, and it started spinning.
"Whoa," I exclaimed. He grabs a machete from Lindsay and starts grinding the edges so sharp, I swear that thing could cut through steel.
Kyle explained to me what had just happened. He told me, "You're probably wondering what's going on, huh? Well, we don't know everything, but we know that this is all because of a guy named Alex. Alex was once a scientist at Jurassic University. One day, he must've gone mad, because he put a controlling device on every dinosaur at Jurassic Kingdom!" I jerked up because I knew the name.
"Alex..." I mumbled, "I know who that is," When Lindsay and Kyle looked at me skeptically, I continued. "He was one of my father's friends. For a while at least... he came to our house and invited himself in with a strange cage on a cart. He opened it."
I fought back tears. The pain was still raw. "It was a raptor, with some sort of device on the back of its head. He let it out. It acted tame for a while, but then something happened that I'll never forget... the professor pressed a button on his watch. The raptor's eyes suddenly looked bloodshot."
I felt tears wet my cheeks, but I continued. "It went mad, ripping my father to shreds. I was in my room, and all I heard were screams of agony. That was the last I ever heard from my father... I ran to my father's room and grabbed the shotgun he kept in his dresser in case of a robbery. I ran back downstairs and shot the raptor in the head. I had to empty the gun before the dinosaur fell."
"So, you're an orphan?" Lindsay asked tactlessly.
"Yes. I think so. I mean, the rest of my family died in a boat accident," I replied.
"Take this. You'll need it," The other kid, Kyle, said. He flipped a sword around in his hand, offering me the hilt.
"Wow! You're really going to give me this?" I asked him.
"Yep. It's all yours," Kyle said to me.
"Wow! Thanks!" I said.
"No problem!"
We all decided to walk around the park a little bit. It wasn't that bad yet, but it was still pretty bad. All I knew was that Mark and I were lifted by an Alanqa and it dropped me. Then I found the bunker. That's where this chapter started. Anyway, we walked around the park a bit, prepared for the worst, but nothing really happened. I could see that Kyle was always near Lindsay, which I assumed meant that Kyle liked Lindsay. Maybe. I didn't have any definitive evidence.
We walked around for a bit, then we saw something in the bushes. It looked like a dinosaur of some kind. It jumped out and we realized that it was a harmless Dimorpejara. A mix between a Dimorphadon and a Tapejara. It was eating some other meat that was on the ground. It looked at me and roared. Then it flew off with its meal. We got back to the base and slept for a while. I'll let Kyle take over the next part of the story.