38: Just Go Shower

Happy New Year's eve. Eve.

"Go shower you nasty."

I have to stop myself from saying 'bitch'. The twins are right by me. We're in an intense game of Chutes and Ladders right now and I am kicking butt, which is besides the point. The twins are listening intently to the conversation Oliver and I are having about his body odor. It's not really Oliver's fault. He is the only one that consistently works out in this house. We prefer the couch potato lifestyle.

"Nah," He says, then looks to the twins, "It'll scare the shadow monsters away, don't you think?"

The twins nod excitedly. They always agree with Oliver no matter what he says. Or maybe they just like disagreeing with me. And they're always excited at a new opportunity to get rid of the shadow monsters under their bed. Whatever the case, I glare at Oliver.

"Do not use my brothers for your benefit."

Oliver smirks at me, obviously proud at his attempt to push my buttons. I roll my eyes at him and turn back to the board game. I can feel Oliver's eyes still on me. His shadow slowly covers me as he moves closer. His smell of sweat filling my senses, and somehow the vanilla and teakwood still lingers slightly.

"Woah, did you see that?"

I look around, confused as to what Oliver just saw. A bit of panic rushes through me as the worst possible scenarios run through my mind. I felt comfort in Oliver shadow right then. At least he knew how to kick butt.

"Yeah, over there!" Ben yells.

I look around again, still trying to find what they see. They must be going crazy and I must be the last sane person standing. I see nothing out of the ordinary in this house.

"Shadow monster!" Braden yells.

Oliver points at me and yells, "Get it!"

My mind has less than a second to process what the hell is going on. My eyes go wide and I jump out of the chair and run off. I go to the living room and run around the couch. Oliver is too fast though and he tackles me to the couch. Stupid football training.

I try to push him off me but the boys jump on us as well, adding more weight. Oliver's sweat gets all over me as his wet hair drips onto my face. It hits my lips and the salty taste makes my nose scrunch. The boys don't seem to care at all that they're laying on top of a pile of sweat and keep laughing and screaming. Oliver has a smirk on his face and he shakes his head on purpose to make more sweat drip off him.

"Sweat! My weakness!" I yell in fake agony.

The twins are still laughing, "No more shadow monster!"

I struggle underneath Oliver and the twins for a while longer. I keep my hands on Oliver's shoulders to try and push him away but his body weight is all on me. Not to mention the twins on top of him. It was not going to be pretty if I didn't get some air soon.

"It's gonna be no more Hazel if you guys don't get off," I squirm a little more.

Oliver must realize I'm serious even if my tone is still playful. He manages to get the twins off of him. He then slides off of me. The three of them stare at me as I sit up and regain myself. Mainly it's just me breathing in air that doesn't have sweat particles floating around.

"I think we got it," Oliver mentions, looking to the twins.

The twins nod and start laughing again. I glare at him. I can't imagine how crazy and disheveled I look. After being tackled and trampled by three people one can only look so good. And I definitely smell like Oliver's sweat.